What made you think today?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That’s what people thought back then. The Osmonds were the white people’s Jackson Five.
In the early 70s, both were based in LA. Motown had moved from Detroit, and the Jackson Five records were backed by a group of anonymous studio musicians called The Corporation.
The Osmonds were backed by a group of session pros called The Wrecking Crew, who also backed The Partridge Family, the Carpenters, and countless others.
Between the two families, they had a lock on the charts.

Any Del

Reaction score
I posted this on the wrong thread so I'll post it again.

I believe this world is NOT a place to create human life. Mainly because this world is so damaged to the point is that why even bother creating another human life that just going to breed even MORE dysfunctional people?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've kind of realized there's actually a rather bizarre parallel between Bob Newhart and Teen Titans, if you can believe it. . . .

- THE BOB NEWHART SHOW was the more groundbreaking series, yet NEWHART was a longer running series despite being far sillier and more absurd.
- TEEN TITANS was the more groundbreaking series, yet TEEN TITANS GO is the longer running series despite being far sillier and more absurd.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Dude, this is why millenial’s onward should not be parents. Period.

If you were born in 1990 or onward, no, you’re wearing a ******.
Okay so looking back at this comment (wow, I was having the worst night’s sleep when I wrote this), I actually take back what I said cause I don’t like the way I sound here.

I have no problem with people of my generation or onward having children, if you want them by all means go for it, but I do feel at the same time many parents of both categories often don’t do their homework or take responsibility for becoming parents and just let their kids do what they want. For instance, using the internet innapropriately at a very young age, giving them phones at a very young age, and just letting technology become the babysitter.

My honest opinion is if you want to start at family, yeah, by all means! But please please please PLEASE know what you’re getting into and please be responsible with your children. This is why we have instances like COPPA on YouTube now - irresponsible parenting.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Okay so looking back at this comment (wow, I was having the worst night’s sleep when I wrote this), I actually take back what I said cause I don’t like the way I sound here.

I have no problem with people of my generation or onward having children, if you want them by all means go for it, but I do feel at the same time many parents of both categories often don’t do their homework or take responsibility for becoming parents and just let their kids do what they want. For instance, using the internet innapropriately at a very young age, giving them phones at a very young age, and just letting technology become the babysitter.

My honest opinion is if you want to start at family, yeah, by all means! But please please please PLEASE know what you’re getting into and please be responsible with your children. This is why we have instances like COPPA on YouTube now - irresponsible parenting.
I may be old fashioned, but I still believe you should get married before having kids. But people don’t take marriage seriously either.
Instead of making a lifetime commitment to one person, it’s more like playing House. And when they get tired of that game, they call it quits.
Children deserve both parents. And getting a fancy phone is no substitute.
As hokey as it sometimes is, I used to get a kick out of Judge Judy. Sometimes it makes you roll your eyes.
A couple battling out in court. A woman, but the man isn’t her husband, just the father of her child. Something is missing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I may be old fashioned, but I still believe you should get married before having kids. But people don’t take marriage seriously either.
Honestly, nobody takes relationships in general seriously anymore. You hear about people complaining about potential partners, "only looking for/wanting one thing," and that's pretty much the name of the game anymore.

Of course, there are some defenders who offer up their rebuttals, saying things like, "Well, you wouldn't buy a car without test driving it first, would you?" Well, motor vehicles and people's hearts and feelings are two completely different things. I mean, if you need to see if you're compatible with each other, that's pretty much what the concept of dating is: getting to know one another, seeing how well you mesh, seeing if anything may progress a little further, and if so, and you feel like you could spend the rest of your lives together, that's what engagement is: making your life plans of spending your futures together in all kinds of weather, which, of course, leads to marriage . . . and then, only then, can you reap the benefits and perks that come with it.

But no. Most people don't want to get straight to the benefits and perks, rather than concern themselves with the actual commitment and other things that are involved . . . this why you hear some say things like, "Oh, we don't need paperwork or rings to prove we love each other." That kind of serves as evidence that you really don't love each other if you're not willing to actually commit to each other like that - clearly, you just want to fool around without fooling around with the important stuff.

But, whatever.