What made you roll your eyes today thread?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Another example- I love Led Zeppelin, but I hate "Stairway to Heaven".It's really boring when someone calls in a radio request and th best they can come up with is "Stairway".
Even Robert Plant agrees. His favorite song on IV isn't "Stairway", but "When the Levee Breaks".
That's mine too, even though the opening drum break has been sampled by every rap group.

Here is my incomplete list of overrated/overplayed songs:

Won't Get Fooled Again- The Who
Stairway to Heaven- Led Zeppelin
Aqualung- Jethro Tull
Free Bird- Lynyrd Skynyrd
Layla- Derek and the Dominoes
Bang A Gong- T. Rex
Ramblin' Man- Allman Brothers
Smoke on the Water- Deep Purple

The list is open to amendments, but from a classic 70s view this is a good place to start (and it shows my age. After the 90s I pretty much stopped listening to the radio. I have no idea what is good now and what is crap. That's up to you young people to decide).
A lot of ironicism going on in this thread... my classic rock station never plays Stairway to Heaven, but they did today! I love the song; it's my favorite Zeppelin song and one of my favorite songs ever.

But honestly: probably Stairway to Heaven maybe five times a year on classic rock radio in my area... what is it? The length? The beautiful chords? But don't worry: I heard Hotel California again today. :wink:

98.5 WNCX Cleveland's classic rock is so bizarre when it comes to song rotation: lately they have been stuck on The Devil Went Down to Georgia, the Zombies' Time of the Season (probably due to the Rock Hall induction) and Talking Head's Once in a Lifetime (which I don't mind). Smoke on the Water has become very infrequent, Aqualung (as well as any Tull) has been abandoned from any regularity; an artist who has been abandoned who I though about today is Alice Cooper: I can't remember the last time I heard him on the radio, and Eighteen, Billion Dollar Babies and No More Mr. Nice Guy used to be staples (all killer songs).

A song that has been inexplicably rare since I've been subjected to classic rock daily for the last seven years is Iron Man; like Stairway, it's good for about five plays a year.

Edit: I know Stairway is meant to be a guitar song, but it really motivates me to get behind a drum kit.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Alice Cooper was great back in the day. During his 70s prime, each tour he had a different way of killing himself.
First he had a gallows swinging from a noose. Then he had a guillotine chop his head off, then he got an electric chair. He will always have a special place in my heart with "Eighteen".
And long before Ozzy sbournee bit the head off a dove, Alice was stepping on baby chickens or feeding them to his snake.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, Alice used to take live baby chicks and feed them to his snake. Back in the 70s that was probably the most shocking thing you can do onstage.

I'll tell you something that's really sick. I stumbled onto this on YouTube, now I wish I hadn't.
There are people on there who feed live rabbits to their snakes. They throw the bunny in the cage with the snake, the snake strikes and coils around the bunny and squeezes it to death.
Meanwhile the poor bunny is screaming and struggling to get free, and these guys think it's cool watching the bunny die.
It is the sickest, cruelest thing I ever saw, and it just shows how sick some people are.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
the sad thing is, a lot of those snake feeding videos are just thinly veiled soft vore fetish videos (soft meaning the thing is swallowed whole, no chewing or dismemberment). its not exactly something possible irl, so snake feeding videos are the next best thing

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'll tell you something that's really sick. I stumbled onto this on YouTube, now I wish I hadn't.
There are people on there who feed live rabbits to their snakes. They throw the bunny in the cage with the snake, the snake strikes and coils around the bunny and squeezes it to death.
Meanwhile the poor bunny is screaming and struggling to get free, and these guys think it's cool watching the bunny die.
It is the sickest, cruelest thing I ever saw, and it just shows how sick some people are.
Yeah, I honestly hope those people get ran over by a truck.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did he do that on purpose like a prank or something, or was it an accident? Because sometimes when my mom uses my computer, she'll somehow change the zoom setting, and neither of us can figure out how she does it, because it's not as if she actually does it the manual way.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, it was an accident, but yeah, he does stuff like this all the time, lol.