What made you roll your eyes today thread?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Today I've learned that the Chipmunks fandom has something in common with the SS fandom: it contains spoiled, entitled, and immature brats who will throw temper tantrums if their demands are not met.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So, apparently handshakes could now be banned from the working world. :rolleyes:

This totally falls into the manipulation of #metoo. I’m calling it.
I know this is an old post but, I don't think we can blame this on #Metoo. If anything, this seems like an obvious misunderstanding of Metoo. Like, it reminds me of those men who say that they're afraid to be in the same room as a woman because they think women will call the cops on him for being in the same room as them. There's so much misinformation and fear mongering being shared amongst men who aren't used to being called out for not being mindful around women. This feels like a product of that.

Also, I doubt the actual organization behind the Metoo Movement, or the majority of average Joes and Janes think handshakes should be abolished.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
In businesses all over the world, the handshake is as formal and genteel as anything. With any job interview, you're gonna have to shake hands with your prospective boss.
If you can't handle that, then don't expect to work anywhere.

It seems like MeToo needs to get out of its own way.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Hollywood can't come up with anything original anymore. Everything is either another chapter in a franchise, a reboot, or stoners coming up with an idea like this. And a big studio like Warner Brothers greenlightsit.
Summer is always the season for stupid movies, but this really hurt my feelings for being that dumb.

MarklarMusic

Reaction score
The only reason not to shake someones hand, in business, I've come across, is when it's a carpenter with open sores and bandaids all over them. Or a mechanic with oil and grease.

When they outstretch their hand, I shake because of courtesy. But, I'll be ****** if it's not discourteous of them to have put their gross hand out in the first place. Like, come on. You know what's up with your sanitation right now. Why you gotta share it around?

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score

So just WHY is this movie airing on a channel called Freeform?

Like, it’s not even a kids or a family movie at all. I just do not even get it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I know this is an old post but, I don't think we can blame this on #Metoo. If anything, this seems like an obvious misunderstanding of Metoo. Like, it reminds me of those men who say that they're afraid to be in the same room as a woman because they think women will call the cops on him for being in the same room as them. There's so much misinformation and fear mongering being shared amongst men who aren't used to being called out for not being mindful around women. This feels like a product of that.

Also, I doubt the actual organization behind the Metoo Movement, or the majority of average Joes and Janes think handshakes should be abolished.
I get what you’re saying, trust me, but to be fair, there have also been women out there who have taken advantage of the movement (mainly the ones who make up rape stories and what have you).

Regardless of the matter, I think that handshake story turned out to be false or died down anyway.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
@D'Snowth, this will make your eyes roll.
Taylor Swift has a new video out. In the five seconds they showed, someone was dressed up as a box of McDonald's fries.

In other big news, Justin Bieber wants to challenge Tom Cruiseto an MMA match. Why, I have no idea. But if this was to take place, I wouldn't mind seeing Bieber getting his clock cleaned.

In o

D'Snowth

Reaction score
@D'Snowth, this will make your eyes roll.
Taylor Swift has a new video out.
Seriously?! That's the third one this year!! Does she think we got too long of a break from her and her $#!++y music or something? The radio's already been wearing out her other two new songs this year! That "ME!" song is seriously her most conceited, self-absorbed, narcissistic piece of $#!+ yet, and she was already a bigger narcissist even before Trump became a politician.