What made you angry today?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I’m making a top 10 worst films shown on Mystery Science Theater 3000 video, but I’m angry with 1) the fact that I had to go out of my way to download episodes I already have captured from my personal fan tapes that my dad recorded back in the 90’s on my old Windows XP computer before it kicked the bucket in late 2015, because AdObE PrEmIrE wOn’T tAkE wMv FiLeS oN mAc, so I had to download episodes from YouTube to get mp4 files, but more importantly, 2) I can’t find any episode upload of Castle of Fu Manchu because it looks like they were all blocked. I tried uploading my personal WMV file on YouTube so I could download it as mp4, but alas, it got blocked. So I tried converting it to an mp4 online to which none of them would accept it, tried downloading a converting file, but hur hur, there will be a watermark without the activation key, and for whatever reason, I’m having issues logging into my dailymotion account without them asking me to reset my password and even that’s becoming an issue on there. Okay.

Guhhh, I’m close to screaming in my pillow. :grr:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
AdObE PrEmIrE wOn’T tAkE wMv FiLeS oN mAc, so I had to download episodes from YouTube to get mp4 files
Well, I mean, Adobe Premiere won't import .mov files on Windows, so I had to download QuickTime, because somehow that makes .mov files compatible in Adobe Premiere on a Windows computer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, whether we like it or not, certain files are really encoded and formatted especially for Windows computers, while others for Macs.

I'm just glad that mp4's are a really decent "universal" file format, because mpg's and avi's both had their flaws.

Schfifty

Reaction score
MPG files are kinda weird sometimes. I'm currently having a couple issues with that type: they won't display on Windows Media Player if you use Windows 10, and more frustratingly, they can't be used at all in Windows Live Movie Maker anymore. I use that for most of my YouTube projects on my Windows 7 desktop PC and it used to support MPGs, but I think after I upgraded to the latest version of WLMM a few years ago, now they just crash the program.

The first issue I mentioned was so aggravating initially that I had to install VLC Media Player to play those files now. It's not a big deal, but Windows Media Player really is the kind I prefer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
mpg's almost seem like they were meant to stop working after a while. Like, way back when (this is 10+ years ago) if I downloaded videos off YouTube or such to save them, I would more often than not download and save them as mpg's because they usually wouldn't be as large in file size as wmv's . . . but then, those mpg files would just stop playing properly after a month or so: sometimes you'd get just video and no audio, sometimes you'd get nothing but clicks and pops for audio, and sometimes they just wouldn't play at all. So, up until I got my current computer back in 2012 and could actually handle mp4's, I had to either download and save videos as either wmv's or avi's (the later of which I always find gives you really tinny-sounding audio).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
MPG files are kinda weird sometimes. I'm currently having a couple issues with that type: they won't display on Windows Media Player if you use Windows 10, and more frustratingly, they can't be used at all in Windows Live Movie Maker anymore. I use that for most of my YouTube projects on my Windows 7 desktop PC and it used to support MPGs, but I think after I upgraded to the latest version of WLMM a few years ago, now they just crash the program.

The first issue I mentioned was so aggravating initially that I had to install VLC Media Player to play those files now. It's not a big deal, but Windows Media Player really is the kind I prefer.
That's what I had to do as well.