What is Your Race and Religion?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I have drove up and down the Cumberland Plato so many times that it just seems like a small mountain to me. I know this is all off topic but anyone been to Dollywood.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
One of the white teachers at my middle school (which was in a black neighborhood) admitted that she never knew what to say because she didn't want to risk accidentally saying something that would have been seen as politically incorrect, and I have noticed myself over the years that those two terms in particular seem to bounce back and forth between being P.C. and un-P.C. From what I understand, "African-American" is un-P.C. right now because you can't alway assume somebody who is black is automatically of African descent, and that actually does make sense. It's kind of like how Donald Trump can't seem to grasp that just because someone is an American citizen, that doesn't necessarily mean they automatically celebrate Christmas, which is why it is P.C. to say, "Happy Holidays," instead of, "Merry Christmas."
Yeah, I noticed that too. The term "African-American seems to be used a lot less now than it was about ten years ago.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have drove up and down the Cumberland Plato so many times that it just seems like a small mountain to me.
The last time I was up there, it came a big rain, and I have to tell you, it was actually quite incredible: we were up so high that the clouds looked as if you could just reach up and touch them.
I know this is all off topic but anyone been to Dollywood.
Just twice: once when I was a wee little tyke of seven or eight, we went for a weekend one summer; then again just a couple of years ago, but we didn't get to stay but half a day, because a sudden rain storm blew through while we were there, so we had to cut the trip short.

Been to Dixie Stampede a couple of time as well, that's a fun show too. Wouldn't mind visiting Splash Country sometime.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
I don't mind being called black ether , just don't call me the n word.

aebthegofer

Reaction score
I have a neighbor who laughs at anyone who calls him African-American. He says he's never been to Africa, he's never going to Africa. Most people my generation call him and his family 'black', some of the old-timers still call them 'the colored folks'. He calls himself and his family 'black'.

~Aeb:wink:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
George Carlin once did a bit on political correctness that had me in hysterics. The term "African American" can be misleading. Trevor Rabin once was the lead guitarist for Yes. He was born in Johannesburg, South Africa, but he's white. In the 90's he moved to Los Angeles and became a U.S. citizen. That would make him an African American, in spite of the color of his skin.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Race: White American who's 3/4 German thanks to my grandmother and my mom. (I'm also a German citizen so that could help if I get sick of the States and decide to live elsewhere. :stick_out_tongue: )

Religion: Raised as a Christian, but I've ended up switching to Satanism quite recently. While I'm not against Christianity or any other religion, Satanism just makes the most sense to me.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Have replied to this thread before, but things have changed.

Race: Caucasian-Australian. Mostly European background with a small trace of Maori through my mother's side.

Religion: Non-applicable. After three years of discussion and research, I've become an atheist.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Have replied to this thread before, but things have changed.

Race: Caucasian-Australian. Mostly European background with a small trace of Maori through my mother's side.

Religion: Non-applicable. After three years of discussion and research, I've become an atheist.
Did you once believe in God?