What is your favorite Sid and Marty Krofft shows?

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Also Steve Whitmire worked at their theme park in the short time it was open and Donna Kimball worked on Mutt and Stuff and the new Sigmund and the Sea Monsters

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Watching Sid's weekly live stream the other day, he had mentioned a few times before how he asked Bette Davis to play Boss Witch in the PUFNSTUF movie, only to have her tell him to go eff himself and slam the phone down on him . . . but this week, he mentioned another possible choice for the part that would have been a riot: Flip Wilson! Not only did he think Flip would be a great choice, given his character Geraldine he'd play, but he thought it would also be groundbreaking to have a black witch in a major motion picture. Unfortunately, Flip wanted too much money, so the Kroffts couldn't afford to cast him with their meager budget.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Last night on IG live Sid talked about DC Follies. He finally confirmed that this show wasn't a Spitting Image knockoff and that he never liked Spitting Image giving that most of the humour was mean spirited and the show was uncomfortable to watch. Apparently after the show ended most of the puppets were auctioned off and Michale Jackson bidded on 20 different puppets including a caricature of himself but never payed. Also there were a number of big names who called them asking to have a puppet of themself made and put on the show

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The subject of his gong became a running gag yesterday; I honestly thought Kelly was going to die laughing.

But yeah, I can see what he means: British humor does have a tendancy to be a little mean-spirited at times, and Marty said the same thing in a brief interview a few years ago about politicians calling them up and wondering if they were ever going to have a puppet of themselves on the show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's also interesting to note that while most of the Kroffts' shows were the products of Sid's imagination, D.C. FOLLIES was actually more Marty's creation as were BARBARA MANDELL & THE MANDRELL SISTERS, and I think PRYOR'S PLACE.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Since nobody else talked about one of his most recent streams (the one from the week before last). Nothing about Pufnstuf or Sigmund or any of that. Just an entire stream where him and the one and only Paul Reubens talk about their long running friendship

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I missed out on it because I was having supper at the time . . . that's one of the things about the time difference with his live streams: it may be 3:00 out west, but it's 6:00 in the east, and more often than not, I'm lucky if I can sit through even part of his weekly stream without interruptions, because usually dinner comes up during this time, or some other kind of miniscule errand.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sid really inspired me today! While watching his weekly live stream, he got into a discussion of colors (red being his favorite), and apparently, he once heard that the color purple is considered bad luck in show business - particularly in the circus.

Now I think I have an idea for another new Steve D'Monster short where upon hearing this, he's convinced he's walking bad luck because he's purple.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Really? That's very interesting. If purple is back luck I'm in trouble