What is your favorite Sid and Marty Krofft shows?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Here is the full San Diego Comic Con panel Sid & Marty Krofft uploaded on their Youtube Channel

it includes intro to panel guests, Sid's message, the 50th Anniversary video of H.R. Pufnstuf, Question and Answer with Marty and the fans and also H.R. Pufnstuf's appearance

Those who attended the Comic Con Krofft panel received a set Funko Pop buttons that promoted Everyone's A Fan Of Something, that included H.R. Pufnstuf and Sigmund the Sea Monster and also a pamphlet that talked about the show
Here is the full San Diego Comic Con panel Sid & Marty Krofft uploaded on their Youtube Channel

it includes intro to panel guests, Sid's message, the 50th Anniversary video of H.R. Pufnstuf, Question and Answer with Marty and the fans and also H.R. Pufnstuf's appearance

Those who attended the Comic Con Krofft panel received a set Funko Pop buttons that promoted Everyone's A Fan Of Something, that included H.R. Pufnstuf and Sigmund the Sea Monster and also a pamphlet that talked about the show
Judging by your username, I think I'm going to take a wild guess and say that your favorite Sid and Marty Krofft show is.............The Bugaloos! Man, I must be some kind of psychic to figure that out lol :stick_out_tongue:

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Mine are Electra Woman and Dyna Girl, H.R. Puffnstuff, and the Bugloos, Semond and the sea monsters. What about you what is your favorite Sid and Marty Krofft shows!
the land of the lost and Pryor's place.

Bugaloosfan

Reaction score
Judging by your username, I think I'm going to take a wild guess and say that your favorite Sid and Marty Krofft show is.............The Bugaloos! Man, I must be some kind of psychic to figure that out lol :stick_out_tongue:
You got it!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing that amuses me so much about THE BUGALOOS is one of the things that so many people like about this show is . . . Joy's legs, lol! Ehh, can't blame 'em!

But when it comes to THE BUGALOOS, it's just such a shame that film was one of the first casualties of the Kroffts' budget cuts; just look at some of these publicity photos:

Sadly, the show itself (or most of the Kroffts' ensuing shows) never looked this good on TV since it was shot on videotape.

Last edited:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score

It's always incredibly fascinating to see such an old costume like that in HD. I didn't think they would actually have him talk and still try to pull off the "I'm a real character" thing, but just parade around the costume instead.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
didn't know until now about the unused verse from the song "Zap the World" from the Pufnstuf movie. This part is sung by Jimmy (in his witch disguise) and I'm not sure if it was deleted or exclusive on the album

scooterfan360

Reaction score
Actually, I decided to compile list ratings list for each of the Kroffts' shows (again, traditional 4-star rating system).

- H.R. PUFNSTUF (1969-1970) ****
- THE BUGALOOS (1970-1971) ***1/2
- LIDSVILLE (1971-1972) *
- SIGMUND AND THE SEA MONSTERS (1973-1975) ***
- LAND OF THE LOST (1974-1977) ***
- THE LOST SAUCER (1975-1976) **
- FAR OUT SPACE NUTS (1975-1976) **
- DONNY & MARIE (1976-1979) Haven't seen enough of it.
- THE KROFFT SUPERSHOW (1976-1978) Haven't seen enough of it.
- THE BRADY BUNCH HOUR (1977-1978) Haven't seen it.
- THE KROFFT SUPERSTAR HOUR (1978-1980) Haven't seen it.
- PINK LADY AND JEFF (1980-1981) *
- BARBARA MANDRELL AND THE MANDRELL SISTERS (1980-1981) Haven't seen it.
- PRYOR'S PLACE (1984-1985) *
- D.C. FOLLIES (1987-1989) **1/2
- LAND OF THE LOST (1991-1993) Haven't seen it.
I seen the (1991-1993) land of the lost, I really didn"t like that one.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Well these are really cool, definitely putting these on my wish list

My only complaint, the set is literally 75% Pufnstuf so Sigmund and Sparky are in a weird spot

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well these are really cool, definitely putting these on my wish list

My only complaint, the set is literally 75% Pufnstuf so Sigmund and Sparky are in a weird spot
I got a Pufnstuf as a Christmas present a couple of years ago.

But what really bothers me are those Cling and Clang plushes: those gigantic bugged-out eyes, and those angry eyebrows are very off-putting.