What is your favorite childhood toy?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Are you sure you're not confusing Disney with Bratz? The people I know who grew up with Disney are anything but "spoiled little brats who can get away with anything." Isn't this an unfair generalization?
Well I will say, while I loved Beauty & the Beast as a kid, later on I did begin to think Belle was being a little too snobby, whinging about those poor, dumb "provincial" people who aren't on her level, lol. I mean, "Excuse us poor, simple people for living, Belle!" :coy:

Don't get me wrong, I still think the movie's a master piece, but obviously the "Girl Who Wants More" plot got old quickly, lol.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
How's this for original: for many years I had a large pink snake named Snakey, a fat green frog named Froggy, and a toe-sock fish my mom made for me named Fishy.

Yeah...I've learned how to name characters better since then... :rolleyes:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
How's this for original: for many years I had a large pink snake named Snakey, a fat green frog named Froggy, and a toe-sock fish my mom made for me named Fishy.

Yeah...I've learned how to name characters better since then... :rolleyes:
Well it worked for Pee Wee Herman, lol.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Well I will say, while I loved Beauty & the Beast as a kid, later on I did begin to think Belle was being a little too snobby, whinging about those poor, dumb "provincial" people who aren't on her level, lol. I mean, "Excuse us poor, simple people for living, Belle!" :coy:

Don't get me wrong, I still think the movie's a master piece, but obviously the "Girl Who Wants More" plot got old quickly, lol.
Beauty and the Beast has become one of my top ten favorite movies of all time, and while I thought Belle was a bit on the snobby side, I was able to overlook it, and pay more attention to the universal theme of love and acceptance.

I thought the original poster was unfair in criticizing everything Disney.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Beauty and the Beast has become one of my top ten favorite movies of all time, and while I thought Belle was a bit on the snobby side, I was able to overlook it, and pay more attention to the universal theme of love and acceptance.

I thought the original poster was unfair in criticizing everything Disney.
For sure, overall I'm a big fan of the Disney films, especially how they span over so many years, all the way back to 1937 with Snow White. The music's consistently incredible, the animation very innovative and heartfelt. As I say, they did go a bit overboard with the "Girl Wants More" cliche in the 1990's but that kind of thing happens to every franchise. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seriously?

Are you sure you're not confusing Disney with Bratz? The people I know who grew up with Disney are anything but "spoiled little brats who can get away with anything." Isn't this an unfair generalization?
I couldn't have said it any better. Yes, I agree they went overboard with the Princess that wanted more thing in the 90's, but that was their own fault... especially when they made that Yecchy Pocahontas movie (that film got SERVED by Animaniacs!) But Lion King is ANYTHING but that film. I said it a trillion times by now, but Disney took flack from making princess movies, and when they moved away from it they took flack from NOT cranking out princess films. Sure, they had the strange hit from Lilo and Stitch (they furthest away from a movie bout a beautiful princess who wants more), a fine film and all... but they took SOOOO much flack from Atlantis and Emperor's New Groove. I personally liked those two (the latter more so than the former), and I might just give Treasure Planet a second chance... but those Princess movies pigeonholed them.

Well I will say, while I loved Beauty & the Beast as a kid, later on I did begin to think Belle was being a little too snobby, whinging about those poor, dumb "provincial" people who aren't on her level, lol. I mean, "Excuse us poor, simple people for living, Belle!"
You know what bugs me more about that film now that I think about it? The villain of the piece is constantly surrounded by mindless yes women teenyboppers that love him, and of COURSE he wants the one woman he can't have. Dude! You have ALL THESE loyal fan girls throwing themselves at you, and you want to go for someone who hates you? Seriously... Gaston has mental problems, yo! :rolleyes:

BoomerangFish

Reaction score
haha I remember Popples, too. I may have had one myself... my sister did for sure

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think... they try to hard to make them look different. Their eyes and everything WERE the PPs! They were lovable and huggable, they didn't need change ;.;