What is up with these DISTURBING commercials, lately?

Drtooth

Reaction score
From the "creepy movie" thread...

okay, not a movie, but did anyone else see this creepy Axe Spray commercial with the chocolate man? ..... I was horrified!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCZ-6y2UEfM

Ugh! OOk! I just saw that on TV... that makes the Burger King King look as cute and non-threatening as Big Bird! And the commercial doesn't even make any sense...

but I've noticed that we have nothing but ultra-creepy or ultra akward disturbing commercials lately.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh my God, did that girl on the subway actually chomp on his butt? You can't be too sure if that's chocolate back there.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Nothing worth saying. That is beyond words.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think I'm glad I cant watch stuff on youtube :smirk:

Although, I find that one commercial thats I think for Pops cerial with that freaky spider monster thing really disturbing :embarrassed:

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I saw that Axe commercial just this morning, and all I could think was "what the heck!". It makes no sence whatsoever.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Which shows you the state television has sunk to.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
If only they had special channels that aired the classic shows, like the old Disney channel shows. oh wait they did, now its jetix. but i digress. some of the commercials are so weird now a days. I wish they went back to the old way of commercials, with catchy jingles :sing:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I saw that Axe commercial just this morning, and all I could think was "what the heck!". It makes no sence whatsoever.
The point is that the new AXE smells like chocolate and we are suppose to want to eat you after you use it O.O

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Indeed, we need catchy jingles back, like the Cheerios & Honey Nut Cheerios commercials, right? XD

The point is that the new AXE smells like chocolate and we are suppose to want to eat you after you use it O.O
Well, that's very...direct, but the underlying meaning of that very sentence is the whole purpose of most of the recent deoderant commercials that basically say, "You buy our stuff that may or may not work and people would be fawning all over you"!

If people think commercials like the one posted are normal, I am glad to believe what Raven and Beast Boy said in an issue of the New Titans comics: "Being normal is overrated anyway".