What is up with these DISTURBING commercials, lately?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
ROFL!

Those commercials make me not want to eat Raisin Bran Crunch...:scary:

But the Burger King still creeps me out...I'd really hate to be cornered by him in a dark alley--even if he is only wielding a Whopper and fries...who knows? A Whopper and fries in that fiendish monster's grip could prove fatal!:eek:
Which is why my favorite BK commercial was with the moms and they where chansing him down in their car assumingly trying to run him over XD

Oh, and just my opinion on Axe, but it stinks. The small makes me wanna gag...or worse. And I knew girls who wore that stuff like perfume and would spray it in the air and on themselves continuasly. *GAG*

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Which is why my favorite BK commercial was with the moms and they where chansing him down in their car assumingly trying to run him over XD
LOL! Yeah, that was a good one!

Personally, I'd let Grimace loose, and have him deal with the King...

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Another disturbing commercial IMOH is that dibs commercial, where at the end, the lady is pulling off that guys back hair with oversized lollipops. things that make you go :eek:

Also, (correct me if I'm wrong) I seem to remember a Sunny-D commercial where an animated sun was chasing kids all around the house, that was kind of creepy to me too.

(Ilikemuppets): I may not read too into it (mostly becasue I usaly don't pay attention to commercials anyway), but I never got that inpression before. If you can, can you give me an example?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The point of that commercial is just what's happened here: It's being shown around the world and people are talking about it. The best way to get away from disturbing videos is to ignore them and not bring them up.

Otherwise, you're falling right into the hands of the advertisers!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The point of that commercial is just what's happened here: It's being shown around the world and people are talking about it. The best way to get away from disturbing videos is to ignore them and not bring them up.
Hey, I couldn't care less about it, if I wasn't an unemployed semi-elitist cartoonist.... I should've gone into marketting. Seems these people get wasted, blow the deadline, and do something in five seconds at the 11th hour. You know, like college students that don't take anything seriously, and spend their education partying.

Indeed they seem like the same people.

In the immortal advice of Kermit the Frog in MTM, why not tell what a product does?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
You know, like college students that don't take anything seriously, and spend their education partying.
Sadly, there's always some people like that in every generation.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
(Ilikemuppets): I may not read too into it (mostly becasue I usaly don't pay attention to commercials anyway), but I never got that inpression before. If you can, can you give me an example?
Well, I can't give you an example off the top of my head at the moment. But I just think that it some of tis stuff were to happen in real life that no one would take it. But it has mostly gotten to the point of over exaggeration.