What is up with these DISTURBING commercials, lately?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Many ad firms will try to push the limit with funky commercials they don't think will really make the cut. This appears to be one of them. Did it only play on Spanish television? The credits appear to reflect that. I don't know? I thought it was funny. I preferred the actor before the chocolate transformation. :halo:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Indeed, we need catchy jingles back, like the Cheerios & Honey Nut Cheerios commercials, right? XD

Well, that's very...direct, but the underlying meaning of that very sentence is the whole purpose of most of the recent deoderant commercials that basically say, "You buy our stuff that may or may not work and people would be fawning all over you"!

If people think commercials like the one posted are normal, I am glad to believe what Raven and Beast Boy said in an issue of the New Titans comics: "Being normal is overrated anyway".
Well, you wanted a direct what it was about comment *lol* Although, if he was made of candy would his arm and hands really grow back all the time :eek:?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And this is why this commercial defies normal logic...XD

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
ROFL I love that ad. But it gets awkward when the girl bites his Buttocks( Now that kiddies, is disturbing) but its still hilarious. My dad was laughing his head off at it when he saw it.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Oh my God, did that girl on the subway actually chomp on his butt? You can't be too sure if that's chocolate back there.
Reminds me of that line from Weird Al's "Wanna B UR Lovr": "I hope I'm not being forward...but do you mind if I chew on your butt?" LOL.

The "nose bit" just doesn't work for me. A professional needs to do that or the gag just doesn't work.

See?

:boo:"You know what's even more disturbing that the commercials on TV?"

:sleep:"No, what?"

:boo:"The commercials in between them! Doh ho ho ho ho ho ho ho!"

Convincing John

Drtooth

Reaction score
Many ad firms will try to push the limit with funky commercials they don't think will really make the cut. This appears to be one of them.
Firstly, lemme just say, the quirky advertisement where someone puts on an awkward looking suit (where it's obvious and the head is poking out) isn't new at all. In fact, it was actually funny.. then... ten years ago... when they had a structure.

But personally, I think that instead of crafting something clever or witty, they go for disturbing visuals (the Chocolate man... he looks like a bloomin' monster in that one), or disturbing situations. Another ultra disturbing commercial is that series of Raisin Bran Crunch ads with the three ultra stupid geeky guys. You know, 2 of them argue about what part's better, and the third guy says something awkward and quirky... the worst of which was that horrible one where they try to write a new slogan, and the chubby awkward quirky guy says "Raisin Bran Crunch! Buy some mommy!" Wow... either he's a mama's boy or some sort of weird serial killer... either way, it warrents a nervous laugh.

I think this new trend is voyeurism... I don't wanna see everyone's awkward, embarrassing moments. Hey, I don't even like my own! Everyone thinks they can just watch The Office, steal that kind of humor, and they have gold. What they don't have is relatively ANYTHING that made the Office great.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Meh, at least you like The Office, I don't even like the type of jokes in that series to began with, so tv and I have not been good friends lately :stick_out_tongue:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Another ultra disturbing commercial is that series of Raisin Bran Crunch ads with the three ultra stupid geeky guys. You know, 2 of them argue about what part's better, and the third guy says something awkward and quirky... the worst of which was that horrible one where they try to write a new slogan, and the chubby awkward quirky guy says "Raisin Bran Crunch! Buy some mommy!" Wow... either he's a mama's boy or some sort of weird serial killer... either way, it warrents a nervous laugh.
ROFL!

Those commercials make me not want to eat Raisin Bran Crunch...:scary:

But the Burger King still creeps me out...I'd really hate to be cornered by him in a dark alley--even if he is only wielding a Whopper and fries...who knows? A Whopper and fries in that fiendish monster's grip could prove fatal!:eek:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's come to my attention that we are at a point where you can not see a commercial for a single product where someone on it is not being a complete and total jerk. I just cringe at nearly every commercial when ever there's a break.