What is Next on Unpaved?

dvakman

Reaction score
Where is Noggin in the cycle right now for monday mornings? How soon will the "Mr. Hooper died" episode be playing again?

mikealan

Reaction score
Would it have to be "Maria Asks For A Raise"? I think Noggin now shows the 1981-82 shows of SSU only on Monday mornings, but we need SSU back for its 35th season celebration!

ssetta

Reaction score
I don't know if they would do that, but I sure hope they make a Classic Sesame Street DVD Collection sometime.

Gordon Universe

Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about Sesame Street DVD's lately. They could do a 5-10 disc set for the best of every 5 years. Like the first set of 5-10 discs would cover 1969-1974 and so on. That would be awesome. And they could include complete key episodes, like the first episode, and the one where Mr. Hooper's death is explained to Big Bird, etc, but mainly just be all the main stuff that was made. As much as you could squeeze into the sets, because we're never going to get 130 episode season sets for an hour long show that's been on for over 30 years. Sad, but true.

I wish people who owned the video and other rights to things like that realized just how much nostalgic people will feed these types of releases money, instead of doing dozens of Elmo dvd's and stuff. And not to say that it's just nostalgic, because it is genuinely good.

mikealan

Reaction score
Well, I think Sesame Street episodes would have to be on DVD and video when Sesame Street turns 35 years old next year! How 'bout that!

ssetta

Reaction score
It sure would take a long time to do a project for 130 episode seasons, but that doesn't mean they can't do it!

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Originally posted by dvakman
Where is Noggin in the cycle right now for monday mornings? How soon will the "Mr. Hooper died" episode be playing again?
Well, since the last episode they aired was #1563, then the next one (the one airing next week) will be #1575, where Fred Rogers visits Sesame Street.

The Mr. Hooper episode is #1839, and aired in 1983; we're still in 1981 right now, and I know there's at least 8 episodes left until it...so it'll probably air in several MONTHS, at the earliest.

ssetta

Reaction score
That's if they even GET that far while they're still on, which they probably won't. This is too sad.

Mister Fred

Reaction score
There is actually an episode when Mister Rogers visits Sesame Street? WOW! I remember when big bird was on his show in the neighborhood of make believe and came to visit X the owl. Now that is one episode I'd like to see on DVD or VHS. Iam unable to get the station that carries the unpaved episodes cause I don't have cable but have passed the word on to a friend and an old school teacher of mine. My friend watches Mister Rogers every night when he gets home from work; his wife likes little house on the prarrie. Maybe he'd catch an unpaved episode or two of Sesame Street. His favorite thing is the cartoon with the bridge keeper who won't let a man cross unless food he carried in his grocery bag that was a circle was eaten or thrown away. When we B.S. on the phone some times he'd recite the cartoon: "THIS COOKIE MUST BE EATEN OR THROWN AWAY. AND IT'S VERY WRONG TO THROW FOOD AWAY!" I always liked that cartoon myself.