What is Next on Unpaved?

ssetta

Reaction score
Probably because they weren't like normal episodes of Sesame Street. You know, they used a special opening and closing theme. Same with the Hawaii shows. They actually did a whole bunch of remote shows in the 70s and 80s. They did Mexico and Puerto Rico as well, but Noggin never aired the Mexico shows, and they only aired 1 of the Puerto Rico shows.

I think they WERE going to add 65 more episodes to the rotation way back, so they would have a total of 130, but it never happened. I think they changed their mind when they realized that Sesame Street Unpaved wasn't nearly as popular as some of the other shows on Noggin, like Ghostwriter. But when they made that decision, I think that's when they decided to very slowly decrease the airing of it, until they took it off completely. I think they have been threatening to do away with SSU, TEC, and all those other old shows since like 2000. Even the 123 Sesame Street episodes from Season 25. They only had the first half, which was 65 shows. I thought they WERE going to add the second half, which would have been 130 shows, but that never happened either.

I think part of the reason for this may have to do with budget. That, or, they would rather spend the money on making new shows, which is what they mostly want. I may have explained that Noggin was never really meant to be a channel that had old shows on it. Okay, in the very beginning, the Cartoon Network had all old shows. They had like 24 hours of The Jetsons, and parents were getting mad at their kids for watching all those re-runs. But they had other old shows too. This is very similar to Noggin, and most cable networks when they start out. They don't need all those old shows anymore, because they have new shows.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Well, it's not that the camping episodes are terrible, I'm just not a fan of those episodes in particular.

My FAVORITE Sesame Street Uhpaved era is the early, years, from the 1st through 10th seasons. I really think they were most entertaining when they were trying to find themselves.

I think if NOGGIN were to show the camping episodes, they should have just picked a couple, not the whole week's worth. It's like, enough already with the camping shows, let's just get to the good stuff, like Mr. Hooper's death, the outing of Snuffy, the adoption of Miles, etc.

VC2020

Reaction score
Wasnt the last episode Heat Wave? on Monday at 5AM?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Yes, it was. #1575. It also featured an appearance by Fred Rogers.

mikealan

Reaction score
Guess what! In late 1999, Sesame Street Unpaved was decreased slowly every day only at 1AM, 2AM and 4AM until in 2001, SSU, TEC and 321 Contact decreased, too, on Noggin. 321 Contact was shown only at 1AM and 3AM, The Electric Company was shown only at 1:30AM and 3:30 AM and Sesame Street Unpaved was shown only at 2AM and 4AM until when the new Noggin format starts in Spring 2002, the Season 25 of SS was canceled, but shown only daily at 5AM and Unpaved was shown at 3:30AM and TEC was shown at 3:00AM and 4:30 AM only on weekends until-The Electric Company is gone and SSU was shown only on early Monday mornings at 4AM and when the Noggin format starts in early April of 2003, SS shows from Season 25 are GONE.

Do you agree with me?

ssetta

Reaction score
Sadly, that's very true. :frown: Unfortunately, I think those old shows, the stuff that we all loved, was mainly filler. Every cable network was like this in the very beginning. And the reason why they kept decreasing it was because people really like the new Noggin, and apparently, it was just eating up time in their schedule. I mean, I don't agree. Who would be watching anything during the wee hours anyway? I really think they should have kept it. I can't believe those stupid people at Noggin!