What episodes would you like to see on HBO Max?

ssetta

Reaction score
This is not a fantasy thread, this is realistic thinking. In other words, I'm not looking for unrealistic, wishful responses like "all of them!" because that's obviously not going to happen. I'm asking you guys which classic Sesame Street episodes you guys would like to see on HBO Max the most. Here's my list:

The New Mexico episodes
Episode 1045- The Count's Countdown
Episodes leading up to the Hawaii trip
The Fixit Shop gets remodeled
Maria asks Luis for a raise
Season 13 snowstorm episodes
Miles' adoption
Anymore episodes involving Maria and Luis' courtship and Maria's pregnancy
Episode 2616 - Season 21 premiere
Hooper's Store gets renovated
Montana episodes
Episode 2930 - Elmo's Alphabet Collection
Episode 3140 - Racism on Sesame Street
Episode 3320 - Dance Theater of Harlem
Episode 3396 - Big Bird gets the Memory Flu
Episodes 3526-27 - Maria goes to the Hospital
More of the Slimey to the Moon saga (I don't understand why they didn't include 3740, the moon landing)
Episode 3822 - Big Bird wants to sit on 123 Steps
Episode 3952 - sing-along day (they've included a lot of other sing-along episodes)
Episode 3981 - Fire in Hooper's Store
Episode 4021 - Big Bird's friend Gulliver visits
Episode 4026 - Big Bird's pet turtle Seymour
Episode 4033 - Cookie Hood
Episodes 4054-56 - Baby Bear's new sister Curly
Episode 4074 - Telly's Alphabet Collection

Those are all the ones I can think of at the moment. Can you think of any others?

hooperfan

Reaction score
At least some with Mr Hooper being one of the main characters, like the Hooperburgers episode and the ones with his brother, Arnold

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't have HBO Max, but yeah, nearly all of those episodes should be included.

A few others (I don't feel like finding all the episode numbers):
Episode 129 - Oscar hosts the show (I guess they would cut out the parts introducing segments where Bert and Ernie lose their noses, though)
Episode 915 - not really a plot (and it seems HBO Max has very few episodes without a real plot), but most of the street scenes feature Jim Henson's characters, it seems they do favor episodes where the street scenes involve main Muppet characters like Cookie Monster, Grover, Ernie, and Bert.
Episode 1541 - Oscar runs a camp at the junkyard.
The season six episode where Big Bird thinks Snuffy is imaginary.
Episode 1966 - some adults believe in Snuffy.
Episode 2042 - Gordon waits for Mr. Snuffleupagus, who ends up meeting Oscar instead.
Uncle Wally makes up a Snuffleupagus-like friend.
Episodes 2097-2099 (where Snuffy starts to be friends with Big Bird's friends)
Gina's debut episode.
Season 22 episodes where Gordon cleans up the vacant lot.
Elmo gets the word "no" from a word dealer.
Episode 3003 (I might be off by a number) - the gang votes on whether to buy a box of crayons or juice.
Episode 3357 - An eclipse on Sesame Street.
Telly's Town.
Big Bird gets "C is for Cookie" stuck in his head.
Maria reads "They Built a Garden on Sesame Street".
Zoe wants to pretend to be Suzie Kabloozie.

clipjj27

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I know this might sound on the 'unrealistic' (or at least 'vague') side, but if at least a good sample of episodes from the first 14 seasons could be on the list, that would be great! It doesn't matter which ones (and, like others have said, it surely won't be all), but it's just that the first 14 seasons (or so it seems) seem to be 'harder' to access for most, based on the work done (and not done) so far in imaging episodes on Muppet Wiki. Again, just an observation. Also, a lot of clips I wish to see again are from (or were shown much more frequently during) the first 14 seasons, so that's also a reason I 'yearn' for that era.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’d definitely love to see the episodes with Little Jerry and Little Chrissy on the street. The Bad Barney shows from the 70s would also be cool. I would also love to see all the 70s episodes that have Harvey Kneeslapper on the street (including the one where Lefty also makes an appearance).

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Considering there's a likelihood that there may be no more pre-1990 episodes released to HBO Max (possibly due to many of the sketches, particularly the letter and number segments, being available only on one episode for the purpose of paying minimal royalty fees to the voice actors and/or animators, and their estates), and there is not much left in terms of older cartoon segments, I can see Ep. 3222 (from Season 25) being a candidate for a future release - since all of the older letter segments (save for the "Sand X/x" segment) were never seen in any HBO Max release. I don't recall "Me and My M" ever being seen on HBO Max, and the same for "The Great Alfonzo's trained Xs" and the Guy Smiley-hosted game show "Mystery Guest". I was quite amazed to see an episode from Season 22 released very recently.

I do know one of the oldest episodes in the recent release of fresh classic content (released on November 11) does happen to have a segment from the early 1980s (the one with an elephant asking a guy for directions to the zoo, and the same elephant came back to him and said the zoo ran out of peanuts). But other than that, much of the segments on the newly released episodes were likely in-house animation and/or CTW-produced film footage with cast members providing narration or vocals (if the latter involves a song). I think the days of seeing film segments containing Joe Raposo's background music have come to an end, with regards to newly-released episodes.

Based on the last two occurrences of newly-released episodes, I am thinking there will be roughly a dozen episodes released at a time, once a year on the average, at least through the year that Season 55 is in progress.

Last edited:

ssetta

Reaction score
Considering there's a likelihood that there may be no more pre-1990 episodes released to HBO Max (possibly due to many of the sketches, particularly the letter and number segments, being available only on one episode for the purpose of paying minimal royalty fees to the voice actors and/or animators, and their estates), and there is not much left in terms of older cartoon segments, I can see Ep. 3222 (from Season 25) being a candidate for a future release - since all of the older letter segments (save for the "Sand X/x" segment) were never seen in any HBO Max release. I don't recall "Me and My M" ever being seen on HBO Max, and the same for "The Great Alfonzo's trained Xs" and the Guy Smiley-hosted game show "Mystery Guest". I was quite amazed to see an episode from Season 22 released very recently.

I do know one of the oldest episodes in the recent release of fresh classic content (released on November 11) does happen to have a segment from the early 1980s (the one with an elephant asking a guy for directions to the zoo, and the same elephant came back to him and said the zoo ran out of peanuts). But other than that, much of the segments on the newly released episodes were likely in-house animation and/or CTW-produced film footage with cast members providing narration or vocals (if the latter involves a song). I think the days of seeing film segments containing Joe Raposo's background music have come to an end, with regards to newly-released episodes.

Based on the last two occurrences of newly-released episodes, I am thinking there will be roughly a dozen episodes released at a time, once a year on the average, at least through the year that Season 55 is in progress.
Good. Rub it in. You just love raining on everyone’s parade, don’t you. These new episodes really got me hopeful, and then you have to cave in and say there won’t be anymore. Wow.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score

Where are you coming to this conclusion that we won’t get anymore episodes before 1990? I think you’re overthinking way too much stuff here to the point you’re honestly coming to unreasonable conclusions and conspiracy theories.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Good. Rub it in. You just love raining on everyone’s parade, don’t you. These new episodes really got me hopeful, and then you have to cave in and say there won’t be anymore. Wow.
He’s not even rubbing anything in; you’re purposely setting yourself up over nothing to make yourself feel disappointed over something that frankly may not even be true to begin with.

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
Show 751 - National Counting Day
Show 946 - Big Bird, Maria, and David go to City Island
Show 959 - The camping episode
Show 960 - Big Bird needs help with his broken toy truck
Show 961 - Judy Collins debuts