What episodes would you like to see on HBO Max?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
"Knock it off" can come out as rude and aggressive. There are more polite ways to say it these days.

Also, the "Alphabet Chat" letter R sketch contains that phrase in the beginning, and the segment was cut from the HBO Max version of Ep. 1463. The segment was not in the original broadcasts of any other episode released to HBO Max.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think you’re looking into too much info there. There really isn’t any evidence to indicate that the phrase alone would be a reason to remove that segment from HBO max releases.

I don’t know if other segments surfaced in said releases, but my honest guess would be moreso the possibility the theme was composed by Joe Raposo, and his estate just refuses to allow his stuff to have commercial releases anymore. :smirk:

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it was actually Sam Pottle. But again, I don’t think that phrase alone got it axed from those releases.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Also, the "Alphabet Chat" letter R sketch contains that phrase in the beginning, and the segment was cut from the HBO Max version of Ep. 1463. The segment was not in the original broadcasts of any other episode released to HBO Max.
The Alphabet Chats were cut, I assume, because of the pipe smoking.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Alphabet Chats were cut, I assume, because of the pipe smoking.
It looks like all of the episodes that have Monsterpiece Theater segments with the pipe also had those cut (or replaced with the redone intros version).

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I thought I saw the Monsterpiece Theater "Chariots of Fur" segment on the HBO Max release of Ep. 1836, and that was kept intact - despite the pipe, and Cookie Monster eating it too?

And wasn't there the "My name is Fred, they call me Fred" rhyming song cartoon segment kept intact on the HBO Max release of Ep. 1318, despite the dwarf man seen smoking a cigar? I know this because I saw it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The Monsterpiece Theater segment was cut from 1836 on HBO Max (as noted on Muppet wiki). The Fred cartoon was probably a case where it was either overlooked or probably kept in because the character comes and goes on the screen too quickly (so at that it’s easy to miss the eye), where as Mr Chatterly and Cookie Monster are up close with the pipes in their mouths.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
With the recent Elmo vs. Rocco posts trending, I feel like all remaining Rocco-focused episodes should be added.

of course i’m also thinking there should be a “Best of Rocco” DVD (even though there are many more deserving characters who have not had a spotlight video).
You know I wonder what Rocco's fate is now that Zoe has Gary the Gecko. Then again Elmo still has Dorothy even after he got Tango, so Zoe could have two pets as well. (Just one live one.) You never know.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
And what about the segments "Daddy Dear" and "The Alligator King"? They both had references to cigars, if I recall.