What are your thoughts on Facebook?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Personally I have better things to do with my life than learn Facebook's little rules just so my own privacy is kept. They're making all the rules and I don't like it. That's why I won't sign up.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
l like facebook a lot but its to distracting when you are trying to do things like essays but still like it:smile:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Personally I have better things to do with my life than learn Facebook's little rules just so my own privacy is kept. They're making all the rules and I don't like it. That's why I won't sign up.
thats fine,every one is entitled to feel the way they do...and im not picking on you personally...its just most of the time i see people complain about facebook sharing all thier info and privacy and where they are is because they put it their themselves

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
thats fine,every one is entitled to feel the way they do...and im not picking on you personally...its just most of the time i see people complain about facebook sharing all thier info and privacy and where they are is because they put it their themselves
Oh yeah totally, and it's OK I don't feel picked on, hehe. I agree that people are the ones who need to be careful with their own information. I just question Facebook's tactics, that's all. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's just minimal common sense, but like any other space - - you must feel comfortable in order to utilize it. Going with it if you don't feel right is just as destructive as demonizing what you don't quite understand. There's nothing wrong with Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, email, the internet, iphones, videogames or any other type of media. It's just how each individual decides to use it. To claim otherwise is mere ignorance that i don't think anyone here is trying to state. :smile:

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Facebook is not only good for keeping up with old friends, but it's also good for networking with other animal rights activists.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After giving the matter a lot of thought and pondering, I've decided that after six years, I will be in the process of closing my MySpace account.

Over the years, I have not really been able to build up a steady friends list, mainly because half of them would either unfriend me because they want only "certain" friends to be seen on their friends list, or they had left MySpace altogether.

On top of that, ever since that "necessary evil" that is Facebook came along, MS has really suffered, because it stopped caring about the people who use it, and cared only about looking for ways to beat off competition from FB, even though MS was ALREADY SUPERIOR BECAUSE IT WAS USER-FRIENDLY, EASY TO NAVIGATE, YOU COULD CUSTOMIZE YOUR PROFILE, AND WITH SOME EXCEPTIONS LIKE PROFILES THAT WAS TOO OVERLY CUSTOMIZED WITH LARGE FILES AND GRAPHICS IT WAS MUCH MUCH FASTER THAN FB WAS/IS. Now that MS has Facebookified itself, it's become cluttered, confusing, non-user-friendly, very difficult to navigate, and slow as mollases... sometimes it takes me five minutes just to post a simple status update; not to mention how MS always suddenly went all YouTube on us and FORCED us all to switch to new profile designs that nobody liked to begin with... why? Because they wanted our profiles to look more like FB profiles.

I really only used MS for blogging anymore, and as an excuse to have a website for my "work", but a few months ago, I simply went and got myself a Blogger account and opened up a new site where I can still blog my work updates as necessary, so there's really no need for me to keep my MS account open any longer, because nobody really reads my status updates anyway.

So, yeah... after six years, my MS will be closed soon.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Facebook is not only good for keeping up with old friends, but it's also good for networking with other animal rights activists.
as well as meeting other puppeteers....once i joined facebook, my popularity and puppeteer entourage has definitely grown as ive been able to network and find.work with other local puppeteers..some even in my own backward....aswell as find extras and friends willing to work with me on video stuff

and of course other muppet fans

After giving the matter a lot of thought and pondering, I've decided that after six years, I will be in the process of closing my MySpace account.
just a heads up MS is a little tricky when closing your profile....i actually closed it twice...because the first time i apparently didnt do it the right way

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'd also like to add that when I deleted my account, it took about 5 days for it to actually delete from their system