What are your thoughts on Facebook?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I was considering creating a MySpace account again, but I'm wondering about Facebook now.

Those of you who have Facebook accounts, can I ask you your honest opinions about them please? Do you think it's well worth doing that instead?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I've stated before, I tried Facebook for a week, and I honestly don't see the popularity behind it...

I found it to be very confusing, hardly user-friendly, and quite complicated compared to MySpace... even MySpace's new Facebook-ish user homepage is still more comprehensive than Facebook itself.

Not to mention, you can't customize your profile on Facebook as you can MySpace.

I know a lot of people say that Facebook is a lot more security conscious than MySpace, but THERE ARE PRIVACY SETTINGS ON MYSPACE, so it's not like that's a great big added bonus.

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
I never really liked Myspace, but I have gotten really into Facebook. I actually find it to be more user friendly, and I have found far more of my friends already on there than I ever did on Myspace as it has grown in popularity. I've made more connections, I love the tight security options, and I just like the way it is set-up. It works for me.

I recommend Facebook, but it seems that is a matter of opinion that can vary greatly.

dwmckim

Reaction score
The feedback i provided in your initial thread asking about Myspace were pretty much directed towards both Myspace and Facebook.

I will say that i'd tend to be more apt towards going w/ Facebook myself if i were to choose between the two but as i've said i personally would avoid either one as much as i could.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Facebook is more of a streamlined process for more substantive communication. There are no skins, themes or annoying blaring musicscapes to assault your senses. The template is simplistic and loads faster than the average MySpace page. The user can upload links, images, videos etc, but it's informational instead of artifice. I have a personal website for that kind of creativity. Facebook is a wonderful tool to connect friends with common interest without much of the self-indulgent pretence that permeates MySpace. However, there is still plenty of that on all message boards. Most people I know find it easy to use and MySpace users have started converting to Facebook. Facebook works for me and most of the people I know…until the next thing comes along. Just my two cents.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The template is simplistic and loads faster than the average MySpace page.
Uh uh. Nope. That's another reason I don't like Facebook, as it's a lot slower than MySpace. Admittedly, yes a lot of people on MySpace put huge, bandwidth-eating graphics and layouts on their profiles, but even the most basic of MySpace profiles load a whole lot faster than the one-dimensional Facebook profiles.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Uh uh. Nope. That's another reason I don't like Facebook, as it's a lot slower than MySpace. Admittedly, yes a lot of people on MySpace put huge, bandwidth-eating graphics and layouts on their profiles, but even the most basic of MySpace profiles load a whole lot faster than the one-dimensional Facebook profiles.
That's not my experience at all. Don't know what to tell ya. :confused:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, I've never tried getting a Myspace profile, but I've been on it before, and I do prefer Facebook. I like it's security and the way you can connect with people on it, but then you can do that on any social networking site provided it's popular enough. I do not find it particularly user friendly though, especially now after the layout has changed. I mostly go on it now because so many of my family and friends are on it. Really I prefer Twitter, although I don't post there as much as I used to either.

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
I tried myspace... and I didnt like it at all... I didnt like that people's profiles were so busy and I couldnt find ANYTHING.

I find Facebook really really easy if you oonly use the basic feature. Even my grandmother has gotten into it.

Also because you have to use your real name, its easy to find people you know. So you not just friends with lots of random people, but people you actually know.

Then, once you get better aquainted with the interface... there are some great games that you can play with your facebook friends.

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
Also way more people are using facebook now... so you are more likely to find people you know.