Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Yeah ... my puppies just destroyed their new 50-dollar tent. Sigh. However, should I be able to afford it ...

I promise to go see that movie that needs seeing so I can see Fraggle Rock. Weeba weeba, woppa woppa, garpox gumbidge, whoopee!

:stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
An item that could explain hold-up in Fraggle Movie financing. I think the Fraggles could be a BIG hit for Weinstein. They really need to fund the film and get it off the ground. The Fraggles could very well save a failing film company. However, these things are said about this and other film studios all the time. Still, I'm concerned. :smirk:
And if the Weinstines can't keep going, this movie's not gonna happen. Wow! Another dream broken by the Bush-cession.

If this movie doesn't happen, that's it... we'll NEVER get a Fraggle movie EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER. We were so close too. Really we were. I've decided not to even get my hopes up here... I've been burned there before.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
And if the Weinstines can't keep going, this movie's not gonna happen. Wow! Another dream broken by the Bush-cession.

If this movie doesn't happen, that's it... we'll NEVER get a Fraggle movie EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER. We were so close too. Really we were. I've decided not to even get my hopes up here... I've been burned there before.
Don't say that, I'm already in low spirits today :cry: This always happens with stuff *I* like, yet movies like Spider Man 5 gets greenlit?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The only way we'll ever see this film is if Henson has a back up plan. I suggest they keep in good graces with Lionsgate, as far as the FR seasons go... they might just have to have them be the distributor.

And OF COURSE Spider-Man 7 will be green lit. Don't you know pretending to care about comic books is in now? :smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
So, maybe we should all agree to see this movie?
Inglourious Basterds? Yeah, I'd go see it. It'd be my first Tarantino movie ever, I hope it's a good one to start with. I'll do it to support Weinstein, though. They really need a hit.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
The only way we'll ever see this film is if Henson has a back up plan. I suggest they keep in good graces with Lionsgate, as far as the FR seasons go... they might just have to have them be the distributor.

And OF COURSE Spider-Man 7 will be green lit. Don't you know pretending to care about comic books is in now? :smile:
I hope they do, I'd really be depressed if the movie gets dropped cold turkey. There must be somebody else they can approach!

I never cared about superhero comics. I read Archie when I was a kid XD

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just hope they have a back up. The Smurf movie's gonna SUUUUUCK due to the same factors that make every film like that suck... the FR movie seemed to know where it came from, and an actual script was decided on before they started filming. They didn't just pull one out of someone's butt last minute. This movie would have the potential to be big. I'm sure Henson still is itching to get this and DC2 out there... they just need to find someone else to distribute...

And I hope they have the same vision that Weinstine has NOT to muck about with the source material to get the imaginary audience that no one ever gets.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Spill.com had a blog review of that Tarantino flick. They said it was hilarious and rated it "full price". Hopefully that's a good sign.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Don't mean to sound like a party pooper, hehe, but if the movie happens, that's great. That's wonderful. If it doesn't, nothing has changed. The show that made it all happen is still there. I'll personally be fine. :smile: