Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

monster maker

Reaction score
It'll be great to see the fraggles back, not sure of the weinstiens being involved though, i'm also a fan of the hellraiser series (big jump i know) they sat on the last couple of films for a couple of years so they could get a bigger tax bonus, they don't care about the product, just how much moolah it'll make them

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't want it to be some bland film that seems to happen to a LOT of "TV shows from 10, 20, 30 years ago into a movie" projects - something you'd read a review of and they'd say it "should've been handled better" and "had promise but was executed poorly," etc.
Exactly, that's my feeling too. These remake of retro TV shows have spotty track records. Mainly because the stories have been rather incoherent (even in the 21st century, a well written story still matters hehe) and the characters didn't ring true to the original show.

Even though the Brady Bunch movies were meant to be parodies, they were funny because they were so true, hehe.

Redsonga

Reaction score
You have a point, and there's no way they could sing their way out of any "silly creature" cage :wink:

I just really want this movie to do well, and I don't want it to be some bland film that seems to happen to a LOT of "TV shows from 10, 20, 30 years ago into a movie" projects - something you'd read a review of and they'd say it "should've been handled better" and "had promise but was executed poorly," etc.
I think if the movie is good or not will be mostly in how the fraggles are written. If they are written very well they can save even a bad use of a villain IMHO:excited:. They've made odd plotlines work before just by being themselves after all :smile:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh man, just please don't have an evil businessman who wants to capture the Fraggles, cage them and make people pay money to see them. SEEN IT XD
Follow that Bird...

I just really want this movie to do well, and I don't want it to be some bland film that seems to happen to a LOT of "TV shows from 10, 20, 30 years ago into a movie" projects - something you'd read a review of and they'd say it "should've been handled better" and "had promise but was executed poorly," etc.
The problem is, this one clearly seems like something to breathe live into the franchise. They are in development for a preschool show starring Doozers, after all. This isn't one of those "Let's buy the rights to make X a movie, let it lapse and just slap a crummy director that doesn't care about it before the license runs out so we feel we get our money's worth, even though we could care less>" like most of DRAGONBALL the films that LAND OF THE LOST I've seen made in the UNDERDOG last few years. I don't think we'd have someone with a blog that Muppet fans read, while he actually posted here a couple times, stoop to the "I'm doing this for a paycheck and resume credit" way most of these are done.

The problem is, everyone's going to look at this specifically as a nostalgic remake, and not the long awaited film that never got made when it originally was intended that we're saying it is. It's coming out at a time when we'll see the Smurfs doing the same thing, and right after the Chipmunks did it twice... not to mention Thundercats and a couple others I can't remember at the top of my head.

CoryEdwards

Reaction score
Hey guys...

I just blogged about the Toughpigs.com "script review," so you can hear a bit from the horse's mouth...

http://coryscuriosities.blogspot.com/

The short version is: I'm pretty disappointed this happened, and I never approved giving this script out to anyone.

Cory Edwards

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for stopping by Muppet Central to clear this up. I'd be upset too. I just posted this over on your blog as well:

I can understand why you'd be so stressed about such a violation - especially with such an early draft. Still, the review I read seemed promising. It was my assumption that the rogue script making the rounds had your blessing or at least your knowledge. That’s just terrible. I hope you will continue to update us here.

I have been a longtime supporter of your Fraggle project since it was announced (and it seems to be much further along than Segel’s Muppet project) and I continue to believe that you’re the right fit for this Fraggle film.

Oh, and – yaaay Gorgs!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey guys...

I just blogged about the Toughpigs.com "script review," so you can hear a bit from the horse's mouth...

The short version is: I'm pretty disappointed this happened, and I never approved giving this script out to anyone.

Cory Edwards
You see Cory this is why you da man... :big_grin:

It really must stink that someone posted something like that without your permission (I guess we all kinda assumed you gave them that permission)... but I think we're all happy that you're burning the midnight oil, making more passes, and working in everything we want to see.

And yes, so far, even the rough sounded fanriffic! Keep up the great work, and I know that you won't disappoint.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Hey guys...

Cory Edwards
I would feel just terrorable if someone did that to my writing without my okay :frown:. I'm sorry this happened to you:cry:...Of course we live in a world where even copies of unpublished Harry Potter novels use to get leaked all the time:sympathy:

Edit: I didn't know looking in underwear drawers was part of this fandom when I joined :confused: *looks in her own* Golly, I need to get prettier ones then *tosses grandy panties*

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm really sorry that happened. Sometimes with the Internet and all, fans forget the need for boundaries. Good luck with everything!

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
If the script had not been shown to anyone (outside the production/movie people etc), how could this have happened?