Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I still say Mokey isn't that hard to write or put into things :\.
It shouldn't be a matter of 'this one is my favorite and the rest can sit over there
Agreed, even if you don't like Mokey or another main character, to put her off to the side would be inappropriate for Fraggle Rock.

And actors can't save a story that hasn't been fully fleshed out. It doesn't work that way.

This is just one review and we may end up disagreeing with the worrisome parts in the end. It may very well be a nice movie to see. Honestly though, in my opinion, it's too far removed from the original project to really live up to the legacy.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I see what everyone's saying about Mokey, but, to be fair, it's not like all 5 were vital to every single plot. Sometimes all we got was one or two Fraggles just passing through so we'd remember what the title of the show is, but that's it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But just remember, we haven't seen anything finalized... this is just a rough idea of what to expect in the finished movie as far as plot goes... and it was exactly like how I'd think it would be... The Fraggles leaving the rock to look for Uncle Matt, and getting confused by all the weird things the silly creatures hold dear. I'd tend to think the rewrite (or at least one of them) would have a more fleshed (flushed?) out part for Mokey... and I'm sure they're working in more Wembling for Wembly as we speak... and let's not forget, these are Muppeteers.... what's written down is barely half of what happens in the finished project anyway. Muppeteers= improvisation.... and I've always said, if they can't improv at the moment, we wouldn't have Bert's fainting, Piggy's HiiiiYAAAAAHs or anything like that. And I'm sure the actors, once they get into the project, will work with the writers to make the script perfect.

As for the celeb cameos, I'd rather not know who they are yet (I want to be surprised)... but how tentative is that? Remember, the original Muppet Movie script had Henry Kissinger (!) written in to several parts, including a scene with the Mount Rushmore puppet.

I really think it would be great if they had some sequence where one of the Fraggles is looking at a display of Elmo dolls, and makes a weird comment about them...:search:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
All I'm worried about is the possibility that Mokey didn't fit because her character was too grown up and deep for a happy little adventure about Fraggles discovering cell phones.

Remake movies about retro characters coming into the modern world in general don't do well. I'm not sure why the plot keeps being used. But hopefully this will turn out well. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey! Who said the Fraggles interacting with human products isn't going to be some sort of message about consumerism? That's how I'm viewing it. Not to mention some of these things could pose real dangers for Fraggles. Only thing I don't want to see is some sort of E.T. type government capture of the Fraggles... mainly since we already saw that with Muppets From Space. And even if it is in the script, I'm sure they'd find a way to make it a nice statement instead of just a thin skinned MIB reference (again, MFS).

This is the paragraph I'd suggest you take a look at:

Edwards also kept true to his word regarding pop culture references, of which the script is completely devoid. In fact, aside from the cell phone, the whole movie could take place in 1987. Only two specific celebrity cameos are in the film (two celebs in one scene), and they made me laugh audibly, so I give them my stamp of approval.
Wow isn't even the word for it. As I said, everything is a wonder with the Fraggles. They need not be putting CD's on record players.... they could be fascinated by something as little as a stapler. A Fraggle coming into the Silly Creatures' world in 2010 would roughly be the same as a Fraggle coming out of their holes in 1875. There is a complete culture clash, and I feel that's the real spirit of the TV show... how we act, what we treasure, what we do when we feel emotions makes us silly creatures, but we see a little of ourselves in the Fraggles, Gorgs, Doozers that makes us all relatable.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hey! Who said the Fraggles interacting with human products isn't going to be some sort of message about consumerism? That's how I'm viewing it.
That would be very good. We'll just have to see if that's the way it turns out. :wink:

muppet baby

Reaction score
That would be very good. We'll just have to see if that's the way it turns out. :wink:
I totally agree with you on that heralde , it would be good , i truly can not wait to see this film how ever it turns out to be , i would truly like to see , them , interact with humans that would so cute again .:wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I believe Corey mentioned something about the movie being Wall*E like.... and that film was a knee in consumerism's groin! :sing:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I believe Corey mentioned something about the movie being Wall*E like.... and that film was a knee in consumerism's groin! :sing:
Well that's good, hehe. Though to me, that's all the more reason to have a character like Mokey there. :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I see the ET plot working for an episode, but it seems both a little too dark and not epicy enough for a movie if it is not going to be the right to DVD type :\. The idea has more of a multi-part episode feeling to me, and unlike when it was done with the muppets I think a fraggle version would be almost graphic, given how near they have come to death in the show by bad water,bombs, freezing, and going hungary...
So I can see why what would not be used..that makes me wonder, who is the villain though and what is the conflict? (Besides just looking for Uncle Matt)