Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

wwfpooh

Reaction score
You know the real (even more frustraiting) reason why A! was cancelled, right? Apparently the majority of the audience was over the intended age group.
Not all of the audience was adult when the show aired. I was only barely a tween (probably even less than 10) when the show aired & I enjoyed every educationally side-splittingly funny, musically-inclined aspect of it!

But the factual point remains that executives changing hands--going from the classic & Silver Age fare of the core WB! to that of a corporation bent on airing re-runs of countless B-lister 90's sitcoms & crappy cartoons (4Kids in general) in the current CW--was a key factor in why the show tanked, demographic garbage notwithstanding.

Heck, for two hit 2003-2005 superhero shows--Teen Titans (based upon the 80's comics by Marv Wolfman & George Perez, with nods towards the then-current Geoff Johns comic line) and Justice League (based on the iconic Superfriends/Justice League of America line-up of the seven famous DC heroes [Batman, Superman, The Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Martian Manhunter, etc.])--the viewership was split between the comic geeks (myself included) and the new generation of hero-adoring fans.

The same could be said for the 'maniacs and hopefully, can be said for Henson's creations as well (combining old [possibly hardcore] fans with future generations that could come to enjoy the Henson/Disney product).

GSmiley2007

Reaction score
Though I think that David would make a marvellous Junior. I mean, he already plays Baby Bear with that Fudd speach impediment, all he needs to do is make it sound lower.
Yeah, especially not at the same pitch Michael Laskin had for Junior on the Fraggle Rock cartoon. IMHO, that has to be the worst attempt at even doing a cartoon Muppet and trying to make sound like the original character (which he wasn't)...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yeah, especially not at the same pitch Michael Laskin had for Junior on the Fraggle Rock cartoon. IMHO, that has to be the worst attempt at even doing a cartoon Muppet and trying to make sound like the original character (which he wasn't)...
If Dave Goelz isn't up for performing Boober, I nominate Rob Paulsen for the job, as his Boober was spot-on Dave-esque!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I highly doubt Dave won't jump at the chance to do Fraggle Rock again. The same with any of the performers. Besides, Rob Paulsen isn't a puppeteer.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
No. But like fellow A! alum, Paul Rugg, Rob Paulsen is--himself--almost a living, breathing Muppet in the way he performs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I highly doubt Dave won't jump at the chance to do Fraggle Rock again. The same with any of the performers. Besides, Rob Paulsen isn't a puppeteer.
Unless he did the puppeting for one of the Puppet pals in Dexter's Lab..... but I doubt it.

And I doubt any of the surviving puppeteers wouldn't jump on to the chance to perform their characters. I could see, worst case scenario with Jerry is that he has to loop dialogue for Gobo. Only recasts needed are characters performed by Jim (and only a few characters were) and Richard.

I think Dave Rudman is up to the job of Junior. I mean, he just has to modify his Baby Bear voice to be louder and lower pitched.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
If Dave Goelz isn't up for performing Boober, I nominate Rob Paulsen for the job, as his Boober was spot-on Dave-esque!
Rest assured Dave Goelz will be performing his characters in the Fraggle movie. No need for wild speculation. :coy: :excited:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Oh good. It's nice to see that most of the original performers are on board for the film.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Rest assured Dave Goelz will be performing his characters in the Fraggle movie. No need for wild speculation.
But, it's what we do best *lol*:coy:
No one can truly replace his voice as Boober for me though :smile:.