Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

Redsonga

Reaction score
Indeed. As one Travis Randall (Randy Travis) on Hey Arnold! sang, "I'd like to stay right here & keep the simple things."
Yep, yep..There is a reason why certain types of stories are written over and over in history, it is because deep down they have something honest to say that never changes :smile::excited:.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score

Redsonga

Reaction score
Hmm..a first draft done in only a little over twenty days? The writer in me is a little worried..it took me a month just to plan my fic Midnight Place and that was nowhere near a major movie length idea...

The thing about the whole 'we only saw the muppets on stage and then in the movie we saw them in the real world' does not really work well with Fraggles IMHO, because

1) They have been to Outer Space before, many times in the form of Uncle Matt, who seems very beloved by everyone and

2) Their world was not just a stage, it was their little pocket universe in itself, what made it different from the world of the humans was at heart, what a lot of FR was about I think..Why only explore the human world, why not have them explore the Gorg side of things(not the gorgs themselves so much as the o I don't know..HUGE universe right next door to the rock?) There is a whole world within a world out there that we only have ever seen a tiny bit of...

Basically there is so much within the rock and the gorg universe to add depth to they almost don't need to go off into the human world that much..Unless like me he is picturing a somewhat spiffy fraggle version of The Chipmunk Adventure with Boober and Mokey being home base down in Fraggle Rock *lol*
That would be something :stick_out_tongue:.
And I can't believe I was actually brave enough to post in reply to his blog ;.;
Not what I just wrote, but the basic feelings of why I feel the way I do
*hides from flames that are sure to come*

The last time I did anything like this was in reply to a favorite romance novel writer on her forums and I got yelled at and stomped on something awful *sigh* When will I ever learn? :frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:excited: Oooh, Karen Prell posted something on his blog! I just posted something too. I have confidence in this director. He seems to understand what the Fraggles are about. :coy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh, I hope he comes here someday :smile:! For all we know he might have already...
But I think here at least we vent our worries in a levelheaded way...Some of those blog replies on other forums to the news of the movie are downright scary and rude :frown:!
I mean if you hated FR from the start why even rant about them making a movie? Why not go and comment on something you like and add your two cents? :\

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I hope he comes here someday :smile:! For all we know he might have already...
But I think here at least we vent our worries in a levelheaded way...Some of those blog replies on other forums to the news of the movie are downright scary and rude!
I mean if you hated FR from the start why even rant about them making a movie? Why not go and comment on something you like and add your two cents?
From what he said, I think Corey Edwards scans through all the forums he stumbles across including this one. I like his excitement and determination about this project. He knows his way around the rock and definitely has ambitious ideas!

As for any blog critics. Well, there will always be naysayers. It’s disappointing. The Fraggles have never been about that particular snarky group of people so let them rant. It will fall on deaf foam flocked ears. :smirk: :coy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
*hee* I wonder if he has a screen name here :wink:. That would be something..Of course the fun thing is sometimes you never know who might be listening. (I found this nifty forum reader site where it searches all the topics on the internet on any subject)..
I might have my worries about the plot of the movie but I don't think I am a naysayer :smile:...
Those ranters are scary though, I found one that had a weird undieing hate of Mokey :confused: Like, wanting to kill her and everything...I mean the Trash Heap is my least favorite character but I'm not plotting her untimely dumping-.-

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really like what he has to say. He's really trying, wracking his brain and all that, to get a great story and script. He wants it to be a movie, not a 90 minute episode. And he even states tThe Muppet Movie as an example. There is nothing that makes it sound more satisfying than that.

And I especially like how he even came out and said, if you didn't like Hoodwinked, that's not any sign of what will happen with the Fraggle film.

Looks like the Fraggles are in good hands.

The notes worry me, though...

Quazimoto

Reaction score
Fraggle Voices

Weird Question...

Has anyone heard who will be doing the voices for the upcoming Fraggle Rock movie? Will it be the original puppeteers if they're available?

I ask because as I was watching some Fraggle episodes the other day, it dawned on me how important the character's voice is to their personality in Fraggle Rock and throughout the Muppet world. After watching the original episodes, I popped in my Where It All Began DVD and watched the animated episodes on there and the voices just didn't seem right on some of them.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think most of them will be the same...I think with the fraggles of all characters it is hard to replace their voices because they were so one of a kind :smile: