Weezer's Muppet Show video now on-line

GuySmiley

Reaction score
I really enjoyed this video - although the stream did get a bit 'juddery' at times! I agree with the earlier comments that it really did recreate the feeling of the muppet show and the more I see and hear Jacobson's Miss Piggy - the more impressed I get with it!

You know, I wouldn't be too upset if Frank Oz didn't loop any more dialogue for his characters - watching MFS the other day, the voices for his characters seemed more like they were being done by someone impersonating the characters - they sounded so different.

It sounds weird, but his replacements sound more like him than he does!

Guy!

Luke

Reaction score
I agree with Jamie. I like it a lot, but i think it looks so rushed. Technically the bits where Kermit, Pepe & someone else (forgot) are singing along with the band are far superior to the cut scenes that are supposed to be like the Muppet Show. Seemed to me those bits were rushed through so they could get onto making the actual music bits.

The only problem here with MTV etc is that the video is four and a half minutes long, and in most cases on TV will have at least a minute cut from it. I think we already know what that minutes gonna be ... the intro. Probably on TV the first thing you'll see on anything but the most dedicated music shows is just Kermit coming onto the stage and introducing Weezer.

I did like it overall though - it fits in well with these kinda cult tv music videos right now, and its a rockin tune. They had a penguin sitting there on the stage and didn't blow it up .... what a missed opportunity ! :mad:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I loved it! But what I want to see next is a Weird Al Yankovic Video with the Muppets in it!

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Yeah, I wanted to be all happy about this, but sometimes you can see too far down Kermit's torso, and there shoulda been more characters hanging around backstage. The Muppet Show and Hill Street Blues (and now NYPD Blue) are famous for that.

Bunsen looks a little different somehow, too...anyone notice anything? Is it just me?

radionate

Reaction score
I voted too guys. how cool would it be to get this video to number one!

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Yeah Statler did sound a little different. I take it Jerry's not doing him no more or what?

I love the video, its just that i don't care for MTV (b/c u know the whole WB, Paramont, Nike etc thing with me! lol) but i voted anyways ONLY b/c its the Muppets. later.....

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, there were many missed opportunities and the director obviously hasn't worked with puppets before - they appeared to be sinking into frame or exposing the sock. The intro was a bit long too - maybe they should have carpeted music behind it?

And Scooter should bave at least been in the background when Weezer went down the stairs. Maybe the Electric Mayhem could have tried to have a battle of the bands too - or trying to sabotage Weezer. Funny!

It just seemed as antiseptic as the very organized backstage set! Since wihen has it been so clean and well lit with very few Muppets walking by?

beaker

Reaction score
Oh Thats Too Cool!

I have to say, thank you for the link to that new Muppets Weezer video!!! I chose 300k, which played perfectly in dvd quality. Does this just reaffirm your excitement for the Muppets or what!

3/5 of my all time fave Muppets are in it (Beaker, Pepe, and Swedish Chef) and heck we even have penguins! Now some were afraid because of the shortness of the song it wouldnt be long at all, but there is a really great intro to the song, and a nice outro with Statler and Waldorf. Man, Gonzo, Pepe, and Kermit on backup vocals and Animal on drums...too cool! And we get cameos by Fozzie, Rowlf, and Piggy!

Anyways, if ya have the bandwith capabilities, youve gotta check out this video! Who woulda thought they would have partially recreated TMS for a video? Oh man, the chemistry is as strong as ever! Lets hope this video gets VERY popular!

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Entertaining video! I liked the idea; did seem a bit rushed, I agree, but overall pretty good. Who is doing Statler now? He sounds pretty decent!

- Billy :cool: