Walt Disney Company - Classic Muppets???

Marky

Reaction score
superboober said:
Home on the Range was the other one. What also hurts them is the instance on video sequels for every single picture. Maybe the first couple of times it was interesting, but once it became clear they were just doing the same stories over and over again with these everyone stopped buying--only they're too much in denial to admit it. But there's still hope; now that John Lasseter heads up the department, they may give him more free range to be expressive.

I agree. However, Buena Vista makes awesome TV shows! I think that Lost is the best show on tv right now!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
They can't be termed "Muppet Show" Muppets because they've appeared on so many programs by now: The Jim Henson Hour, Muppet Babies and Monsters, Muppets Tonight, etc.
The Monster Baby Hour Show Tonight Muppets!!! :smile:

... Seriously, though, to quote my favorite little go-fer, "Fozzie's right!" (Scooter, It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie)

By the way, Marky, I was wondering if you had seen the extended DVD version of The Muppets Wizard of Oz. It has a lot more of the adult side of Muppet humor in it than the TV version, including one of my favorite lines in the entire movie when Pepe tells the audience when to turn on their Pink Floyd albums... and Kermit asking the attacking crow if he had seen The Passion of the Christ. It's pretty great. If not for the DVD version, I probably wouldn't have ranked Oz as better than MFS as I did in the other thread.

It also has a much better part for Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, something I really wish they had included on the IAVMMCM DVD. I wanted to see that Snoop Dogg scene!!!

Marky

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
The Monster Baby Hour Show Tonight Muppets!!! :smile:

... Seriously, though, to quote my favorite little go-fer, "Fozzie's right!" (Scooter, It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie)

By the way, Marky, I was wondering if you had seen the extended DVD version of The Muppets Wizard of Oz. It has a lot more of the adult side of Muppet humor in it than the TV version, including one of my favorite lines in the entire movie when Pepe tells the audience when to turn on their Pink Floyd albums... and Kermit asking the attacking crow if he had seen The Passion of the Christ. It's pretty great. If not for the DVD version, I probably wouldn't have ranked Oz as better than MFS as I did in the other thread.

It also has a much better part for Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, something I really wish they had included on the IAVMMCM DVD. I wanted to see that Snoop Dogg scene!!!
SupScoot,

I only saw the DVD, actually. And I DID love that line from Pepe! (I'm a believer of that Dark Side of the Moon trick!) In fact that joke saved Pepe from turning into a one-joke pony (always saying he's sexy, etc).

I think Piggy was my fave part of MWoO. I mean, it wasn't that bad. I'd sure as heck take it over nothing!

I've expressed frustration over Disney thelast while, yes. I think I can concentrate it all into two words...

DO STUFF!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Marky said:
I only saw the DVD, actually. And I DID love that line from Pepe! (I'm a believer of that Dark Side of the Moon trick!) In fact that joke saved Pepe from turning into a one-joke pony (always saying he's sexy, etc).
Yeah, unfortunately it wasn't on the TV version.

I really liked Piggy in the movie, too. All but in one part: when she starts hugging and kissing the rats. It made me feel uncomfortable. When I re-watched it, though, I discovered it's supposed to make you feel uncomfortable, as shown by Pepe and Dorothy... the scene makes me laugh now... uncomfortably.

Marky

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
Yeah, unfortunately it wasn't on the TV version.

I really liked Piggy in the movie, too. All but in one part: when she starts hugging and kissing the rats. It made me feel uncomfortable. When I re-watched it, though, I discovered it's supposed to make you feel uncomfortable, as shown by Pepe and Dorothy... the scene makes me laugh now... uncomfortably.
Yeah! lol!

I'd say that MWoO showed that Eric J. has Piggy down pat. Flawless! Fozzie's getting there...

BEAR

Reaction score
Marky said:
Yeah! lol!

I'd say that MWoO showed that Eric J. has Piggy down pat. Flawless! Fozzie's getting there...

I agree, Marky, that Eric's Piggy voice is great, but I am not too thrilled with the overall personality and characterization right now. She seems to have lost all her sweetness and vulnerability which made Miss Piggy so likable when Frank Oz performed her. People rooted for her. I really respect and admire Eric Jacobson, I just would like to see more of the sympathetic Piggy that we once knew.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Marky said:
Fozzie's getting there...
I've noticed people are always very picky about Miss Piggy, but don't really say anything about Fozzie.

I think Eric is doing a great job with the characters. Sure, I have my complaints about some of it, but it's basically just minor details. I think he's doing better than anyone could have ever asked, though.

BEAR

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I've noticed people are always very picky about Miss Piggy, but don't really say anything about Fozzie.

I think Eric is doing a great job with the characters. Sure, I have my complaints about some of it, but it's basically just minor details. I think he's doing better than anyone could have ever asked, though.

Very true. Also, it is neat to see a somewhat newcomer take over Frank's characters rather than passing them along to one of the other principle performer and having all the characters just stack up in the performer's lap. Eric has worked for SS for a few years but he is essentially a new comer.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think people complain the most about Eric Jacopsons portrayal of Miss Piggy, and I agree. He is better at performing Frank Oz's other characters, but his Miss Piggy sounds a lot whinnier than Frank Oz's version. Oddly enough, his Grover sounds more accurate, and Grover sounds similar to Miss Piggy.

Marky

Reaction score
BEAR said:
I agree, Marky, that Eric's Piggy voice is great, but I am not too thrilled with the overall personality and characterization right now. She seems to have lost all her sweetness and vulnerability which made Miss Piggy so likable when Frank Oz performed her. People rooted for her. I really respect and admire Eric Jacobson, I just would like to see more of the sympathetic Piggy that we once knew.
Well, to be fair, a lot of that would have to do with what the script and storyline give a character, wouldn't it? Not to mention the director. I wouldn't put that 100% on the performer. Just my opinion.