Video: New Elmo premieres at the 2013 Easter Egg Roll

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's a Spanish show airing on a Spanish network. What do you expect?

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
After hearing Ryan's Elmo several times now, you'd think I wouldn't be caught off guard by how much it resembles Kevin's, especially here. O_O

Incidentally, I'm curious as to how some of the puppeteers (the English-speakers anyway) are able to understand, let alone, carry a conversation with everyone else on the show. They can't be just winging it, or was this scripted?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
After hearing Ryan's Elmo several times now, you'd think I wouldn't be caught off guard by how much it resembles Kevin's, especially here. O_O

Incidentally, I'm curious as to how some of the puppeteers (the English-speakers anyway) are able to understand, let alone, carry a conversation with everyone else on the show. They can't be just winging it, or was this scripted?

I want to say hey had some sort of earpiece that was feeding a translation as the others spoke

SSLFan

Reaction score
Agreed. The guy is definitely improving. Kevin taught him very well about the character. Now I'm just curious to see how he does on American interviews, since that's where Elmo usually cuts up the most, lol.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Wow, Ryan Dillion is amazing as Elmo! His Elmo voice is a little bit deeper, though, kind of like when Kevin Clash was first performing Elmo.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
That show is called ¡Despierta América! (Wake Up, America!). It airs on Univision. It's kind of like a Spanish "Good Morning America" or "The Today Show". I've seen two clips on YouTube-one about Go, Diego, Go! Live when I was researching live children's shows while making a montage of commercials advertising them, and one on the Lalaloopsy craze of 2010. I can translate the clips from that show as I understand a bit of Spanish (at least what they're trying to tell us...):
Clip 1: The characters are being welcomed at a staff meeting. The pink Muppet, Lola, wants to dance, and they all sing a song. At the end of the clip, Rosita is giving compliments to Lola
Clip 2: The host is teaching a bunch of little kids the English vowels.
Clip 3: How to make a toy airplane out of a clothespin and Popsicle sticks. (This appears to be a "recurring segment", as the beginning reminds me of the segment intros like the one "Around The Watercooler" on Good Morning America).
Clip 4: The same kids from Clip 2 watch the Sesame Street puppets interview a soccer ball.
Clip 5: Elmo and the girl who does the weather talk about what they like to do in the rain.
Anyway, Ryan is pretty good at doing Elmo! It sounds just like Kevin Clash's voice! Not bad for someone who got their start working for the Sesame Street float at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (which I've seen in person in 2008 and 2010, because luckily, I live an hour from NYC) and as Big Bird's aunt in the short-lived Sesame Beginnings!

SSLFan

Reaction score
Ryan's really doing well with Elmo. Took awhile but he's got my official seal of approval. In due time he'll get better and more relaxed with the character.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Ryan's really doing well with Elmo. Took awhile but he's got my official seal of approval. In due time he'll get better and more relaxed with the character.
Here's the whole appearance:
. Also here's Ryan giving an awesome singing performance as Elmo: