Video: Favorite Kevin Clash Muppet Moments

Animal31

Reaction score
Kind of off subject, but I wonder.......

I had read somewhere (Don't know for sure if it's true) that when Jim passed they made a totally new Kermit for Steve. If that's true, does each performer starting out with a key character get their own version, and if so, does Kevin get to keep his?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Here are two more moments with Elmo & The Count interacting together.

This is so overwhelming. :cry:
If we're going for Elmo (Kevin) and the Count (Jerry) moments, I want to mention that one of my favorites is the conversation they had in "Elmo Saves Christmas." That's one of the best moments in that special, seems like the two of them always had quite a close relationship. (Both the puppeteers and the characters.) Then there were all of Kevin's non-Elmo characters. I think one of my favorite non-Elmo Kevin Clash moments was Hoots the owl with "Put Down the Duckie." Also, I think Clifford should get an honorable mention as well. I enjoyed his role as the host of "Muppets Tonight." Sure it didn't compare to Kermit hosting TMS, but he had his own style, so that's something I admire.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I had read somewhere (Don't know for sure if it's true) that when Jim passed they made a totally new Kermit for Steve. If that's true, does each performer starting out with a key character get their own version, and if so, does Kevin get to keep his?
You know that's very possible, since I know a different Big Bird is used when Matt performs him. I'm thinking they should let Kevin keep his. That would be convenient for if he ever decides to return to the show in the future, but I really don't know what the deal is with that.

cjd874

Reaction score
Here's one of my favorites that I first saw last year:

Kevin's got a GREAT singing voice in my opinion. Not as good as Jerry's or Richard's, but very good nonetheless. Kevin did a lot of great tunes, from "Elmo's Song" and "Put Down the Duckie" to "Rebel L" and "Just Happy to Be Me" with his Muppet, Kingston Livingston III.
I would have posted "Put Down the Duckie" as my favorite KC moment, but it's already been done.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Kevin's probably got one of the best vocal ranges of the Muppeteers. He can do falsetto as Elmo, and make it sound great, and go low like with Hoots or "Rebel L".

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Let's not forget Dog City in which he Played Ace Yu

and then in the Animated Series he Played Elliot Shag!

He along with Jim Henson played a Vital Role in my Childhood!

mupcollector1

Reaction score

Though I will admit this and it's just my opinion, I've never been much of an Elmo fan. But I just love how Kevin performed Elmo o ff screen or off Sesame rather. I think he mentioned in a Tough Pigs interview that how The Muppets in general would become more rebellious off screen and on late night. This is sort of a sort example. Elmo is doing some sort of press thing, people are taking lots of pictures then Elmo shouts "ALRIGHT ALREADY! YOUR DRIVING ELMO CRAZY!" lol And I just cracked up. Amazing. There was also a Conin O Brian appearance I also found funny. (http://teamcoco.com/video/elmo-defends-redheads)

Then I thought when watching these videos. I really miss seeing Kevin performing. I hope everything will get better and we'll see him perform with The Muppets again. Either Sesame, The Muppets or both. :smile: Kevin is so funny and talented :smile: