VIDEO: Brett McKenzie interviews Ernie and Kermit at the same time!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Putting the voices aside, I'm just happy to see the two of them interacting with each other.

*Crosses off one more thing on my bucket list*
I don't necessarily mind the voices here, sure Ernie sounds really off and Matt's Kermit is slowly getting there. It's the interaction with these two that really falls flat. Which is not the first time this has happened with the new recasts. There just seemed to be some sort of awkwardness between Ernie and Kermit, like we know each other but we are not comfortable with each other and ourselves. We have seen this same kind of awkwardness between Kermit and Fozzie and Kermit and Piggy. So I hope that over time that improves.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I don't necessarily mind the voices here, sure Ernie sounds really off and Matt's Kermit is slowly getting there. It's the interaction with these two that really falls flat. Which is not the first time this has happened with the new recasts. There just seemed to be some sort of awkwardness between Ernie and Kermit, like we know each other but we are not comfortable with each other and ourselves. We have seen this same kind of awkwardness between Kermit and Fozzie and Kermit and Piggy. So I hope that over time that improves.
Well, Ernie and Kermit haven't really interacted with each other much before, so there's no established dynamic. I wouldn't be surprised if that has something to do with it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well, Ernie and Kermit haven't really interacted with each other much before, so there's no established dynamic. I wouldn't be surprised if that has something to do with it.
True! Matter of fact I think this is the first time we really hear Ernie talk about Jim.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm with Dwayne. Frank's Piggy was just a poor imitation of Richard's; he just never got it right.
You do realize you're comparing like 50 years of Kermit/Ernie to 5 episodes of Piggy, right?