Video: "A Swingin’ Sesame Street Celebration" with Wynton Marsalis, Friday October 25 and Saturday October 26, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I was just looking at the walk-around characters on Muppet Wiki and that's exactly what I thought of as well, heck, Ernie appearing nude in public even reminded me of him being in the bathtub in the Ice Follies.
Ernie must be comfortable with his body compared to most humans lol.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Man, Matt Vogel is so versatile. I somehow always forget how great he is until I see him perform. Also, I wonder if Mr. Johnson is actually a doctor. And speaking of Matt, I didn't realize he could slip the Big Bird costume on so quickly. It only took him about a minute to switch from The Count to Big Bird at the end.

And yeah, I definitely wasn't expecting them to do It's a Circle. That was great- such an underrated song.

David Rudman, Marty Robinson and Stephanie D'Abruzzo were all missed.
I was actually having a conversation about how it's a shame Prairie Dawn and Telly don't get to do very many promotional appearances and things like that.

But I do love that the performers got some recognition at the end. I also love that they said the names of the writers of the songs. If the Muppet performers aren't well known, the song writers are basically anonymous cave dwellers.

Oh, also, also, props to Wynton Marsalis for playing the trumpet with one hand! As a trumpet player myself, that is no easy feat.

Last edited:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I was actually having a conversation about how it's a shame Prairie Dawn and Telly don't get to do a many promotional appearances and things like that.
I think with Marty, he’s been spending more time with family. Plus his characters have been on a back burner for a while.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Marty also has a Halloween show going on in the city, so he's probably occupied with that at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.