Very Merry Muppet DVD Observations

Drtooth

Reaction score
AnthonyF3 said:
Clearly someone didn't notice that a little picture called Finding Nemo is the highest grossing movie of the year so far . . .
Yeah... I guess the person that saw it and loved it on opening day probaly didn't notice...
:grouchy: :mad:

I meant in a broader sense...

Disney movies have strayed away in recent years from the "G" rating because people associate a "G" rating as a little kids movie (I do not!) OF course films like Toy Story and Finding Nemo, people actually want to see dispite the rating. A lot of people laugh when certain people go to see the G movie rather than something rated R.

Clearly you didn't understand this point

"HOWEVER... I do agree that if the rating is PG, more people will respect it, since bratty kids think G means "Baby Movies" (What I can't stand with kids is they throw around the word "Baby" movie or show, and watch juvenile crap anyway)"

Randlev

Reaction score
So does anybody know where you can find this DVD? I saw it to rent at blockbuster, but it was out and I'd like to buy it. Haven't seen it at Target or Best Buy, does anybody know when or where it might show up?

Ryan

Reaction score
Randlev said:
hey, I know there seems to be a fairly heated discussion going on in here, but I was just wondering if I could ask something. I'm pretty new around here, and I was wondering if anyone could direct me to either a thread with the information or give me information on who played who in It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie. I'm just looking for some kind of a listing that shows all the characters and who they were played by, and maybe who they have been played by in the past. In fact, maybe I can remember seeing a list like that somewhere on this site. Could somebody point me in the right direction?
Hi, welcome to MC. Here's another cast list:
http://www.toughpigs.com/extrachristmascast.htm

jediX

Reaction score
Randlev said:
So does anybody know where you can find this DVD? I saw it to rent at blockbuster, but it was out and I'd like to buy it. Haven't seen it at Target or Best Buy, does anybody know when or where it might show up?
I got it at Borders... that's the only place in town I could find the dang thing.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It should be everywhere. I found mine at Virgin Megastore. It too forever because they placed it in the "I" section. I never thought you go by "it", "a" or "the" when alphabetizing. Weirdness.

Anyway, I'm thinking that some retailers might not have displayed their Christmas videos yet. It's on a major label so it should really be everywhere.

GPrime1

Reaction score
I'm curious about why IAVMMCM hasn't really appeared in stores either. For the past month I've been waiting every Tuesday to go check out the new releases, but no sign of the DVD. I had the same problem with Rhino's Muppet Chow CD earlier this year, but then they sprang up like crazy about a month after it was released in the States, so I figured it may have been a delay in shipment. Most stores I've been to have released their Christmas DVDs, in fact the week IAVMMCM was supposed to be released, there were at least 5 Christmas movies released on DVD that week. Anyway, I ended up ordering it online, so that's what folks who are looking for it might have to do. Kinda sucks though, I'd like to support local businesses that bring Muppet stuff into their stores.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
It should be everywhere. I found mine at Virgin Megastore. It too forever because they placed it in the "I" section. I never thought you go by "it", "a" or "the" when alphabetizing. Weirdness.

Anyway, I'm thinking that some retailers might not have displayed their Christmas videos yet. It's on a major label so it should really be everywhere.
I? and I thought my local wal-mart put their music in the same place.....although it's pretty funny when they think eminem and M2M are the same

jediX

Reaction score
I won't buy music from Wal-Mart. They stock edited cd's and don't tell you if it is or not...I had to buy the same cd twice just to get the real version :frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There's something to be said about the smaller local stores with the more arrogant music/film "experts". At least they know what they're talking about even if they do act like it's a pain to help you out. LOL!

Edited CDs? Terrible. Those should always be marked. If they're going to put parental advisories on some, they should put lamer advisories on others. :big_grin: