Unpopular Opinions

mariolover

Reaction score
Anyone else here love being a non-conformist? It's hard to stand alone and have controversial unpopular opinions (politics/religion), but it's also so liberating!

It doesn't have to be about the same things as me. I'm just wondering if anyone else here also loves being a non-conformist about anything.

I learned a lot about standing alone in the books Daring Greatly and The Gifts of Imperfection, both by Brene Brown. I thank her for inspiring me to do so. I would highly recommend giving those books a read and also watching her TED talk below:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Even as someone who dislikes Trump, the “butt monkey Trump” jokes after a while got old when the entertainment industry *cough* Steve Colbert *cough* basically forced them into everything. And the sad thing is I can easily see so many shows that constantly made fun of the guy running out of “original” material to come up with (SNL even poked this).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe so, but honestly, I think, perhaps, "Sleepy Joe" could supply them with some material . . . I mean, heck, SNL even found reasons to make fun of Obama back in the day. It just doesn't help Trump's case that he's a legitimate clown and fool - that just makes he and his actions (and inactions) absolute fodder for these late-night comics.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Since this came up as a debate last night:

Frankly both the forum and the discord in all honesty have their downsides and by no means is either perfect, and to be honest the only reason I stick around here these days is for new Sesame Street episode guide pages. I never returned back on the discord for reasons and have no intentions of ever returning, and in all honesty I know there’s going to be a day I’ll leave the forum permanently myself. The only difference is there’s more to do on the discord and staff actually take care of the site.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At least on the forum, though, you can actually have some more meaningful discussions that are easily archived and accessible as threads, as opposed to a bunch of quick chats that you would have to scroll back for eons to find something somebody said previously.

That, and given Phil's lack of activity, or even Ed's honest efforts to do whatever he can to keep things running about as smooth as possible, I've at least never known either of them to have an attitude problems where they feel as though they're know-it-alls who're better than and superior to all the rest of us for no real justifiable reason, essentially being a couple of Elitist Charleses.

gravy

Reaction score
At least on the forum, though, you can actually have some more meaningful discussions that are easily archived and accessible as threads, as opposed to a bunch of quick chats that you would have to scroll back for eons to find something somebody said previously.
you do realize theres a search AND reply tool on discord........

That, and given Phil's lack of activity, or even Ed's honest efforts to do whatever he can to keep things running about as smooth as possible, I've at least never known either of them to have an attitude problems where they feel as though they're know-it-alls who're better than and superior to all the rest of us for no real justifiable reason, essentially being a couple of Elitist Charleses.
ed doesnt have any perms and phil pushes away any criticism to the point where they see everything and instead of resolving anything they just delete a couple of pages or threads within some time... sometimes they don't even delete the offending messages, just the backlash to it. i know being up-to-date isn't really your thing, but there's gotta be somewhere where muppet fans can congregate and not have to worry about any creeps ruining the fun. every impression you have of the discord is outdated

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I want to own up to these posts just because they have been in the back of my mind and frankly I don’t like how I sounded here.

I actually like the idea of a straight pride month.

Praise your heterosexuality!
I also like the idea of a white pride month.

I don't see it as racist - that's just people jumping to conclusions and assuming **** because they clearly spend too much time on social media.
Since these posts I have educated myself a bit on why we have pride month in June to begin with. I don’t know what was going on in my head at the time, but yeah. I’ve since learned it exists due to discrimination and targeting of groups. And of course I typed this long before I even honestly figured out I was really bisexual (or I guess hetero-leaning bisexual really). Either way, since these posts my mindset has changed greatly.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
As much as I love The Simspsons, I have no interest in the new episodes. I watch the new Halloween ones, but that's usually it.

The most striking thing I've noticed about newer episodes is Marge's voice; Julie Kavner really cannot sound at all like she used to.
Definitely, it becomes hard to listen to at times. Though I still admire that she's still performing the role 30+ years on. And honestly, even the Treehouse of Horror episodes have lost their edge over they years. I will say that the Spider-Verse paody in the latest Halloween episode was pretty nice.

Speaking of The Simpson's, the show has been lucky. After all these years, the only regular voice actors who have died are ones who didn't have many recurring characters and their characters weren't the kind who were needed for every single episode. Phil Hartman, Doris Grau, Marcia Wallace, and a handful of guest actors with characters who have returned a few times.

Makes me wonder what they'll do when any of the voice actors for the main family die, or if Hank Azaria and Harry Shearer die. I can't see them killing off any of the Simpson five, and Dan Castlenetta, Azaria, and Shearer all such a large number of characters who I'd hate to see written out. I guess they'll just have to recast them. Or end it sooner.
They are very very lucky in that regard. It'll be a sad day when one of the main voice actors pass away, I'm guessing they may just recast because it doesn't sound like they'll want to end anytime soon. The series was recently renewed for two more seasons.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It’s just become an already dead horse continually beaten at this point. They’re just gonna keep the current voice actors until they eventually pass and hire new actors. Screw Disney and Fox.