Unpopular Opinions

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What I want to know is why was the crowd so quick to turn on Quasimodo after the one guard pelted him with a tomato? I mean, they loved him, they cheered for him, threw confetti and rice at him and such . . . then one tomato, and all of the sudden they're all throwing food at him, taunting him, ridiculing him, and yes, the ropes and everything, it went south fast.

Maybe I'm missing something - could that all have been part of the King of Fools ceremony, and it's just played up as being traumatic from Quasi's perspective?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It wasn't really the tomato, it was more Quasi slipping on an already splattered tomato that did it. (Cause originally it was just Frollo's guards being ***holes when you can hear them saying "Hit the king! Bon appetite!" While you can also still hear the crowd gasp in shock); I think seeing him slip and fall is what made them want to join in.

I personally still think that was probably Frollo who informed his guards to start a riot, and don't forget, Esmeralda even said herself "This wasn't supposed to happen." So it was probably Frollo's idea to ruin what would have been a fun day.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe, but . . . how is that plausible, though? Frollo didn't know it was Quasi until he was accidentally exposed during the unmasking for the King of Fools, and even so, all we see of Frollo is him leering at Quasi with rage in his eyes, and even when the cruelty begins, he just looks the other way when Quasi pleads for his help . . . unless informing the guards was something that happened off-camera or something, I don't know.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
unless informing the guards was something that happened off-camera or something, I don't know.
That's what I was thinking.

Plus, when he said to Phoebus "A lesson needs to be learned here", I always had the hunch he told them off screen to start a riot.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually like the idea of a straight pride month.

Praise your heterosexuality!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Back when I was a homophobe when I was younger, I probably would have too, because it really felt like to me that heterosexuals were becoming a minority.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I also like the idea of a white pride month.

I don't see it as racist - that's just people jumping to conclusions and assuming **** because they clearly spend too much time on social media.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Who even celebrates it other than racist white people who think blacks and other minorities are trying to commit white genocide in America?