Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
Check Muppet Wiki now - Episode 1143 is NOT lost! Whether it can be entirely uploaded to YouTube without 'risking' getting in trouble, though, I'm not sure.
I have noticed the "lost list" seems to have (happily) gotten smaller. Hopefully that continues! I am bummed that so much is missing from the early seasons, but I am thrilled with what has surfaced. My dive down this rabbit hole started with Noggin, and who would have thought we'd ever see these shows again, especially from the pre-VCR era.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
To briefly revisit a topic from a few weeks ago regarding Gordon Hal:

Someone commented today on one of my YT uploads that, according to the Muppet Central Forum, he read that Hal Miller passed away in 2017.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looks like there is an eighth season episode that is lost that was not previously noted.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The wiki has images from episode 1411.

Looking at the image for the closing scene, where Bruno transports a grouch who is not Oscar, is surprising. I thought it'd be the usual set-up - Bruno with trash can, but a different grouch (and Brian Meehl performing Bruno as a result.... or could they have actually originally intended on having Caroll perform that grouch? But then Brian Meehl was the only other performer on set, which is why he performed Telly when Caroll was unable to show up and do Big Bird that day). Looks like he instead rides in a dumpster pushed by Bruno, I don't think it would have been easy for one performer to do both characters that way. And I thought Brian Meehl was the only performer on set that day (maybe they called in another performer at the last minute for that, perhaps Michael Earl or Bob Payne).

Looking at some recent updates, I found that it turns out Michael Earl only provided Snuffy's voice in season 12 (did the wiki check Snuffy's last appearance of season 11?). I guess Michael was just misremembering whenever he said he lip synched to the puppetry his first year and then took over (and I had wondered if he did Snuffy's vocals in the character's first appearance of season 11, or even if he had started before season 10 ended). Do any of the season 10-11 scripts note Michael Earl as performing Snuffy (and do any note Richard Hunt as performing the character)? I wonder if that's why it seems it took so long before Snuffy made a season 12 appearance (back when the first three weeks were leaked online, I thought it was odd there was so little of Snuffy). And with his vocal tenure being shorter than what's been reported, I guess it makes a little more sense for Michael Earl to not always get acknowledged as an in-between performer.

On recent changes I saw that there seems to be another lost episode not previously reported. This is according to edit history, I have not yet bothered to see what episode it is (but I think the list of episodes included an extra season 5 episode that I don't recall being there).

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
I guess we'll have to wait to see them, when they work their way down to more of us. I know there's a handful of s12 episodes I'd like to see.