Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

dvakman

Reaction score
Well, we know Matt was friends with Roscoe Orman and even wrote a play in which Roscoe starred at one point. Miles' (hence Gordon and Susan's) fictional surname was revealed to be Robinson in the later 1980s in tribute to Matt. So he certainly maintained a level of respect from the makers of the show.

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
Garrett was so forgettable that after filming 5 episodes with him, everyone promptly forgot his name for 40+ years... even his costars Bob and Loretta. To be fair though, I don't think Hal was really that much better.
Speaking of which...

Through much of the show's history, they only showed credits at the end of the show on Fridays, I guess for the entire week. (Speculation alert) Wouldn't the Friday episode have had credits? This gets me wondering if the rest of that week's shows exist. As far as I know, only one has circulated. You'd think the credits would be the first place they would have looked to identify Mr. Saunders, if the Friday episode had credits and still existed.

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
Also, this reminds me that years ago, I read on the internet that Hal Miller played a character on a Nickelodeon show at some point. Captain Countdown I think was his name. I saved a photo but that was two computers ago. I have otherwise never heard of the show, don't know what year(s) it was, and don't know if it was a series, a one time special (perhaps a New Year's Eve show given the name?) or whatever.

hooperfan

Reaction score
Also, this reminds me that years ago, I read on the internet that Hal Miller played a character on a Nickelodeon show at some point. Captain Countdown I think was his name. I saved a photo but that was two computers ago. I have otherwise never heard of the show, don't know what year(s) it was, and don't know if it was a series, a one time special (perhaps a New Year's Eve show given the name?) or whatever.

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
Hey, that's me on this forum years ago.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
RIP to Muppet Wiki's Episode Guide category. I know nearly episode is guided now, but I don't think there was any reason to get rid of it.
Yeah, that seems a little unexpected and too soon. I mean some episodes that are literally lost will not be getting full images for a good while, so that kinda makes things a bit more challenging for those looking for full guides.

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
Yeah, that seems a little unexpected and too soon. I mean some episodes that are literally lost will not be getting full images for a good while, so that kinda makes things a bit more challenging for those looking for full guides.
Wait, what? I was just on there...