Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

hooperfan

Reaction score
Of course, I realize now that other Gordons were featured on some of the Sesame LPs I owned in the 70s. But I naturally assumed it was all Roscoe (even though I think Hal Miller appeared on the cover of one of them... it still didn't register).
It was confusing to me as a child because I had the '74 issue of Sesame Street 1 album and it featured what looks like a season 4 (maybe season 5) promo, and the back cover even said Hal Miller as Gordon, but they were obviously referring to the current TV show and not who appeared on the recordings. I think I also had a copy of one of the 1970 Columbia issues as well so I knew it wasn't the same guy pictured on the later issue. All of the '74 albums featuring old recordings still had the same back cover cast and no mention of Matt.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Garrett as Gordon was, I’d say, the worst choice for the character….. his personality just comes off very off-putting.

dvakman

Reaction score
Garrett was so forgettable that after filming 5 episodes with him, everyone promptly forgot his name for 40+ years... even his costars Bob and Loretta. To be fair though, I don't think Hal was really that much better.

Last edited:

dvakman

Reaction score
Less discussed is the first Maria... She was pleasant enough, but a little stiff with the kids. She probably would have loosened up with more screentime, but it ultimately made sense for Maria to be more of a young adult role, and Sonia was, of course, the perfect choice.

Arguably worse than any of the lesser Gordons was Miguel in season 2. That guy was incredibly awkward. I remember reading a quote from Jon Stone somewhere that their Spanish language efforts in season 2 were worse than doing nothing. :embarrassed: I don't think any of the characters from season 3 who lasted only a year were that bad.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
Less discussed is the first Maria... She was pleasant enough, but a little stiff with the kids. She probably would have loosened up with more screentime, but it ultimately made sense for Maria to be more of a young adult role, and Sonia was, of course, the perfect choice.
Who was the original Maria, and where can she be seen?

hooperfan

Reaction score
A little off topic but I found an episode of a show called The Candy Apple News Company starring Matt after Sesame Street

Last edited:

Gordon Matt

Reaction score
A little off topic but I found an episode of a show called The Candy Apple News Company starring Matt after Sesame Street

That's awesome and bizarre at the same time. I have found very little in the way of photos of Matt Robinson after he left Sesame Street. How odd that he quit Sesame Street because he didn't like being a performer, then some 15 years later he ends up performing again, in a children's show with puppets no less.

Gets me wondering if he kept in touch with the Sesame gang, or if he ever visited there in later years? Apparently he did work with Roscoe Orman later.