Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

scarecroe

Reaction score
I know what was meant. What keeps getting overlooked here is that HBO owns the distribution rights on this content.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Actually, Sesame Workshop owns the distribution rights to Sesame Street. HBO Max owns the streaming rights, but I don't think HBO or HBO Max own the rights any more than PBS ever did. HBO may have authority in blocking fan uploads, though.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
HBO hasn’t gone after any uploads of clips from their episodes, not even since it was first launched. It seems to me they’re just indifferent.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop owns the content. HBO and PBS have distribution rights.

I don't know why HBO doesn't go after the YouTube accounts either. HBO seems to have left the policing of this in Sesame Workshop's hands, and (beyond your standard content match software) they just don't have the resources to go after it the way HBO would go after someone uploading full episodes of Game of Thrones or whatever. It's really enabling those who think they have a right to store this content on their own channels to the point that when they're not getting a constant flow of new material to feed whatever it is they think they're doing, they go into a hissy fit.

And I get it; people are upset that they can't see the classic episodes that others have, but they really need to find something else to focus on and move on. They're literally hurting the way the industry sees the fans when it comes to this stuff, and they're shooting themselves in the foot in regards to the future release of more content they want to see.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The workshop usually seems to turn a blind eye to individual insert uploads (and street scenes). It’s full episodes they often show more concern with (understandably so).

scarecroe

Reaction score
There are still full episodes up on YouTube that haven't been touched since they were ripped from HBO Max.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And there seems to be some segments that are blocked, even though they’re neither on HBO Max or have ever been released commercially.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Plus, one user who was known for uploading individual segments, such as "Scanimate H", to name one, got terminated from YouTube not long ago.

I also noticed the Bruce Cayard animated letter B segment "the Bee Bee and Barker Family" is gone from YouTube too. I don't mind that segment being removed, as I hated it and still do.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
There are still full episodes up on YouTube that haven't been touched since they were ripped from HBO Max.
One user did upload #971 a couple of years ago and that was offered on HBO Max, but that user's upload is gone. Thank goodness I downloaded it when I did.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
One user did upload #971 a couple of years ago and that was offered on HBO Max, but that user's upload is gone. Thank goodness I downloaded it when I did.
I don't know which user you're referring to, but there is currently an existing upload of 0971 on YT.