Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

scarecroe

Reaction score
That's Hiroshi's third appearance when he set up his art studio in the Sesame Street garage. He'd previously visited twice, first appearing in 2459.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I figured this episode would be his first appearance as a main character; I figured he was more of a guest in 2459.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I am actually curious why didn't Hiroshi stick around after a while?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Honestly, who from the late 80s and early 90s stuck around in the long run? Hiroshi? Petey? Mike? Lillian? Mr. Handford seems to be one of the only exceptions to a certain degree.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I remember that guide from when it began and yet I am surprised that it's his first appearance as a regular. Somehow I thought he'd have been seen a bit more before that. And it's season 20 after 1988 had ended (perhaps he was busy doing his scenes from UHF). But I figured it out when I looked at the guide and apparently Gina introduced him as "an art student", which I don't remember being mentioned in the guide before (I should look at past edits), and I guess no mention of the fact that he had been Bob's penpal and visited before? I guess I overlooked the fact that there hadn't been an episode involving Hiroshi moving to the area from Japan, I think his first appearance was just meant as a visit and not a full move to New York. Was he just using the garage as an art studio, or was it meant to also be his home (and wouldn't he have been living somewhere near the street by this point anyway)?

Meanwhile, here's a guide for a game show parody, with parodies of Pat Sajax and Vanna White: https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_2428

This came just a season after Squeal of Fortune, and they came up with new parodies of those people, instead of using the characters from Squeal of Fortune? I guess Jim Henson wasn't available to perform the host, but that didn't stop Captain Vegetable from being in street scenes. And Matt Playback looks so similar to Pat Playjackss, only his teeth look bigger and I think his hair looks shorter. The scenes with Maria feel more like Sonny Friendly scenes.

Honestly, who from the late 80s and early 90s stuck around in the long run? Hiroshi? Petey? Mike? Lillian? Mr. Handford seems to be one of the only exceptions to a certain degree.
Gina remained for a good, long run. And to an extent, Uncle Wally stayed for a good amount of time, even if it seems somewhat small by comparison (actually, he might have been on the show for as long as Mr. Handford).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I tend to forget about Gina, she's perhaps the biggest exception.

Muzzarino

Reaction score
This recently got revealed.
I think I prefer Ivy’s vocals and the newer instrumental.
The full variant of the re-orchestrated music would still has Jerry Nelson's voiceover at the beginning, but Fran's voices would be dubbed with Ivy's speaking lines for the one.

mariolover

Reaction score
Y'all don't forget that HBO Max launches in 5 weeks when we'll find out what's included in the "broad collection of Sesame Street episodes selected from the past 50 years – many available to the public on-demand for the first time ever."
I'm not going to count on anything too special, so that if nothing special comes, I won't be disappointed. If there is, that will be a nice surprise though.

Someday I will likely take a trip to Boston like I said to view some rare episodes. I live far, but it would be worth the trip. It would be like a 14 hour drive. I could drive there myself, as I have a driver's license. I may have to stop for gas a few times so that would probably cost the most money and maybe some money to view the episodes.

Maybe I will run into some of you guys there! I never thought I would meet any of you guys, but now that I think about it, I easily could by going there! It would be so exciting if I got to meet any of you!

Last edited: