Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The wiki finally has good quality images of an episode that had been on YouTube, but the only copies were recordings that were clearly a camera pointed at a television set (which I assume is why the pictures weren't on the wiki). So hooray for finally having the images (and in great quality).

cjd874

Reaction score
I remember seeing that episode on YouTube and being QUITE unsettled by that "LOVE" character. I mean...I'd be angry like Oscar if "LOVE" was following me around and trying to kiss me too.

mariolover

Reaction score

And...SHAZAM! All of Season 29 is fully guided! :fanatic:
Hooray!!!!! Hopefully some day we will see all these rare episodes that are guided! I really want to see the one where Big Bird can't wait to say "adios!", but he has to wait the whole episode. And the Wicked Witch episode and the divorce one in high quality.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I wonder if there is more momentum on adding episode guides to Muppet Wiki lately due to COVID-19 forcing people to stay home, thus opening up more opportinities to develop as many episode guides possible?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This recently got revealed.
I think I prefer Ivy’s vocals and the newer instrumental.
This is a segment I was barely aware of, can't remember if I've seen it before or not, and am surprised that they changed it - and more surprised that, it appears, they changed it for that one video release. I had it in my mind (as little as I thought of it) that this one is from the 1990s, and in looking at the "what links here", was surprised to see that it hadn't aired since the 1980s, and that they included such a long-unseen segment on a video release in the late-1990s (and long before the collectors/nostalgia age). What an odd decision there.

I wonder if there is more momentum on adding episode guides to Muppet Wiki lately due to COVID-19 forcing people to stay home, thus opening up more opportinities to develop as many episode guides possible?
I haven't really noticed the guides coming at a faster rate than before. Though I feel like it has been a little slow in terms of getting fully pictured guides - but then in these last few days it seems to have picked up. Though I think it has slowed down Toughpigs' "Sesame Rewind" review series.

mariolover

Reaction score
Hooray!!!!! Hopefully some day we will see all these rare episodes that are guided! I really want to see the one where Big Bird can't wait to say "adios!", but he has to wait the whole episode. And the Wicked Witch episode and the divorce one in high quality.
Or someday I could make a trip to Boston to view the episodes. I will have to do that someday when I have the money.

I'm a lot more likely to see those rare Sesame Street episodes that way than by having them surface online.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Y'all don't forget that HBO Max launches in 5 weeks when we'll find out what's included in the "broad collection of Sesame Street episodes selected from the past 50 years – many available to the public on-demand for the first time ever."