Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I wonder if Sesame Workshop gives free episodes to some dedicated fans who live in the area. After all, some episodes from the vault appear to have been received by Oscarfan and Scarecroe to put on the Muppet Wiki. I could be getting the source wrong though.
That is highly false,The people of The Muppet wiki are really trustworthy and is doing this for research purposes. Plus I think the whole vault thing in Boston is a complete separate matter from Muppet wiki sources

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It is. Also, speaking of which, just letting y’all know I have set an appointment to go down there at 12 on Thursday. I’m making a list of what I want to watch down there. And as promised, I will come back with the episode I plan to watch, and hopefully be able to watch two other episodes I would love to see guided soon. Either way, this will be quite an experience.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Good luck. If they stick you at a computer station, you should not doubt be able to skip through the footage, so you can make the most of your time if you're sick of "Madrigal Alphabet" or whathaveya.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’m actually required to bring my own laptop (my MacBook in this case), but either way, that will definitely be a plus. No reason to have to sit through “SEEEE IS FOR COOKIE, THAT’S GOOD ENOUGH FOR MEEEEEE!” in an episode on the computer.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So one thing that already kind of blows is it doesn’t look like it’s easy to just search up a single episode on the AAPB website, and you’ll have to go scrolling through pages to find the episode you’re looking for. But, at the very least, I know where to go for certain episodes/skits, so that’s a plus.

I’m just hopeful that (if) I can skim through the videos, there will also be a preview box showing me where I am (like YouTube) and what’s further ahead, so I don’t accidentally click on the video bar itself while one segment is playing to accidentally skipping a good portion over to another. But we’ll see.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hmm, if you can watch them on your own laptop, I wonder if that means you can make screenshots of the footage.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’d rather not as I’ll be on WGBH property and don’t want to risk it, on the off chances there could be cameras involved.

Any Del

Reaction score
Not to mention one of the workers will come up to him and inform him recording is prohibited.

mariolover

Reaction score
Episodes I really want to see:

Episode 0335

Episode 1190

Episode 1276

Episode 0797

Episode 0800

Episode 0135

Episode 0280

Episode 0410

Episode 0540