Unearthing previously "lost" Sesame Street episodes

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One thing I have wondered about. The page on lost episodes points out that certain lost street scenes survive as German dubs. Do we know if Sesame Workshop still has copies of all international dubs in storage or if those just survive because fans happened to record the episodes?

I guess it doesn’t matter that much, and it would probably be a lot more work to figure out whether there are lost international episodes (through I think I’ve read that most of Sesame Street Canada is lost). I don’t even know if Sesame Workshop would have them in storage or if different international companies would.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean I imagine the street scenes for the 70s shows still exist on their own at least. Just not the full master tapes.

cjd874

Reaction score

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It’s weird how Cookie Monster gave Bert back his memory, I thought they would’ve just had a cameo by Ernie doing something annoying to jog Bert’s memory back.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It’s weird how Cookie Monster gave Bert back his memory, I thought they would’ve just had a cameo by Ernie doing something annoying to jog Bert’s memory back.
Maybe if Jim Henson was on set for the taping of that episode.