TV Tropes

wiley207

Reaction score
In June 2021, I was suspended from editing on TV Tropes due to substandard grammar. For two years I would post on their "Get Help With English Here" thread to improve my trope grammar skills, and then in August 2023 my suspension was lifted, as long as for longer examples I test them out in the thread first to see if the grammar is good before I add it to any pages. And even with that, my trope grammar has greatly improved with such help.
Some of my favorite tropes include Suck E. Cheese's (parodies of Chuck E. Cheese's), Latex Perfection (the age-old mask device, as "The Brain" of "Arthur" called it), Goofy Suit (regarding mascots and costumed characters), Railroad Tracks of Doom (because a train often shows up right on cue when someone is on or near the tracks), Hindenburg Incendiary Principle (when dirigibles explode as an obvious reference to the Hindenburg disaster) Amateur Film-Making Plot (self-explanatory, because I like to make videos), What Are Records? (an amusing trope where younger characters are unfamiliar with older trends or technologies of the time like records were in the 1990s), Old-Timey Cinema Countdown (universal countdown leaders, this was a trope created during my suspension) and Spoofy Doo (being a Scooby-Doo fan, I love parodies of the franchise). I've also created TV Tropes pages for "Daffy Duck and Porky Pig Meet the Groovie Goolies", "Tales of the Wizard of Oz" (Rankin/Bass's first hand-drawn animated TV series), "Sly Fox and Birdie" (especially since I made a YTP of it), "The DARE Report: The Land of Decisions and Choices" (again, I made a YTP of it; plus it's VERY surreal), and "The Smelly Mystery: Starring Little Monster, Private Eye".