TV shows you wish would come back

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
80's Nick is overrated. Sure, it had some nice live action shows and those 2 great British Cartoons... but those anime. UGH! We're only starting to get Doraemon now supposedly. Instead we got a show about elves redubbed to be a crappy Smurf clone, that dumb thing about Koalas (because they actually just got koalas at some zoo in Japan, and they made 2 or 3 series). There was some real good anime coming out of Japan in the late 70's, early 80's. Too bad we didn't get any of it on Nick. And all preschool stuff? Really?! I'm sure they'd have to ruin the heck out of them in editing... but wouldn't Nick have been so much cooler with Time Bokan, Dr. Slump, Doraemon and great classics like that instead of filler programming consisting of Japanese flops?

To me, Nick didn't become Nick until balding kids daydreamed, chihuahuas slapped around cats that were masochistic and dumb enough to like it, and babies misunderstood what adults were saying.
I stopped watching Nick once it went down hill. I just don't care for it these days. I've been showing my kids the older shows and they enjoy them more than the crap they show today. Even Nick at Nite had some good shows even though some played in the 60s or 70s. Even MTV sucks. The only show I'll watch on it is Teen Mom otherwise I won't even watch it.

Bridget

Reaction score
Am I the only one who found The Proud Family to be a hilarious show? It wasn't one of my regular programs that I would watch, but if it came on, I would stick around for it. Also, I know that many fans did not necessarily feel very jolly about Muppets Tonight, but even so, it would be nice to have a night show featuring my heroes. It's nice to be able to turn on the television and watch something interesting at night.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Am I the only one who found The Proud Family to be a hilarious show?
OMG!! I LOVE that show! There was the voices of Kyla Pratt, Orlando Brown (for drying out loud... he was the star from That's So Raven), and Tara Strong (sure she started doing the cute noises of the Proud's babies and the dog, but she is now voicing Twilight in MLP - Friendship is Magic... so shocking but very cool), then they were some guest stars for the voices themselves like Mr. Al Roker, Mariah Carey, miss Venessa Williams (voicing the fictional character of Debra Williams), Lou Rawls, Raven-Symone, Miss Beyonce, ... there are so many moments of guest stars to voice for their own or their fictional character. I know this show was supposed to be aimed at African Americans, but what the hey, it was aimed at me too no matter what color you were. Heyyyy, I miss this show so darn much.

Mad Monty fan

Reaction score
All the old school Toon Disney shows:
Aladdin
Lloyd in Space
Darkwing Duck
Gargoyles
Hercules
The Little Mermaid
Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
Recess
The Legend of Tarzan
Talespin
The Mighty Ducks
Pepper Ann
Quack Pack
Jungle Cubs
Goof Troop
Bonkers
101 Dalmatians: The Series
Ducktales
Doug
Basically, shows like that.

Eyeball

Reaction score
i'd really love to see
magnum P.I
the professionals
the inbetweeners UK
keanan and kel
doug
rugrats
and obviously TMS to come back on TV.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would love to see Double Dare and Match Game come back!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. Nick has these crappy game shows now. They have one about Web videos... and we all know how much people love watching internet videos on the not internet. At least they have the Slime.

Though Double Dare did have a comeback of sorts... Sanjay and Craig had a tribute episode complete with Marc Summers.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Yeah. Nick has these crappy game shows now. They have one about Web videos... and we all know how much people love watching internet videos on the not internet. At least they have the Slime.
They have a similar show about comedians making fun of Internet videos on Comedy Central called @Midnight, which I liked. Of course, I only really saw the episode with Eugene Mirman and Kristen Schaal. :smile:

Though Double Dare did have a comeback of sorts... Sanjay and Craig had a tribute episode complete with Marc Summers.
Don't forget about Harvey the announcer.

And in spite of Tufflips being a real jerkbutt in that episode, I'd rather have him as DD host than Jason Harris from the 2000 revival. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
They have a similar show about comedians making fun of Internet videos on Comedy Central called @Midnight, which I liked. Of course, I only really saw the episode with Eugene Mirman and Kristen Schaal. :smile:

Probably because they actually have talent working on that show. I never understood the appeal of these "let's steal videos from the web and claim them as our own" shows. Most of them are just horrible. Like that one that was on CN... shudder.

As for shows coming back, I say this way too many times, but I hate how Dreamworks refuses to acknowledge Toonsylvania ever existed. There are rumors that it's available on the Latin American Netflix, but that's about it. While I'm certainly not saying "put it on television," I'm surely saying release it on DVD, or at least Hulu or American Netflix or something. There aren't even that many episodes on Youtube, and they're all from the 1999 VHS release.

Also, I really wish Saban bought back ownership of all the Fox Kids cartoons they produced. Disney's not likely to do anything with Eek the Cat (though it's all up on YT), the well known one, to say the least of the ones that lasted barely a year because they weren't Power Rangers or Digimon. At least Samurai Pizza Cats finally got released. Pricey, but it got released.