TV shows you wish would come back

Misskermie

Reaction score
So, as time moves by, no wait, that sounds boring.
Um... There comes a time when our... No...

Ah, heck, what shows do you wish would come back?

I miss these:

Chowder
That's So Raven
Phil of the future
Rollie Pollie Ollie
And of course, The Muppet Show!

You?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wish Greatest American Hero had lasted a bit longer or returned to TV, such a funny show, lol. :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------------
Moonlighting.
The A Team. (can't do it now though, unless we have zombie George Peppard...)
Firefly!!!
American Gothic. ("That's Buck. With a 'B'.")

And I'm ticked that "Happytown" was canceled before I saw all the eps...will have to get it on dvd.

But...we may get another Muppet Show! Whoo hooo!
-------------------

Misskermie

Reaction score
Wow, the angry beavers! I'm thirteen, and I still feel like it takes me back!
(How old am I again?)

Drtooth

Reaction score
And I'm ticked that "Happytown" was canceled before I saw all the eps...will have to get it on dvd.
The name did them in. Pleasantburg, Wholesomington... something that got the point that this is a place where bad things happen and it has an ironic name without the word "Happy" in it. All I can think of when I hear "Happytown" is every parody of saccharine-ness in kid's programming ever where they use the term. I'm guessing too many viewers though that as well. it was probably a good show and all, but they really could have been a little more creative as far as the name went.

Still, the genre show where they have a big ambitious plotline is dying for good reason. Most of them end in cancellation before the big reveal, either giving us an open end or a horribly rushed, unsatisfying ending. And even if they do live long, full television lives, they could end with a screw you to the fans the way Lost did... so basically no one really wants to care about them anymore.

On topic, I want to say Arrested Development (like basically everyone else in the known universe), but they actually ARE filming the mini-series version that's supposed to lead up to the film. I've been "I'll believe it when I see it" about the whole project, but they've apparently started filming, and I think Will Arnett said something about it somewhere when he was promoting Secret of Arrietty.