TV shows you wish would come back

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A shout-out to Capitol Critters. 13 episodes produced, only 7 aired before they pulled the plug. A noble attempt to put cartoons back on Network Prime-Time, and getting a few digs in at the elder Bush's administration.

Hard to believe this series is now old enough to buy beer! (PHEW!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Nick did that with a LOT of their shows... it was like three years after they canceled Hey Arnold! that we FINALLY saw THAT final episode, and it wasn't even ON Nick, it was on the Nicktoons channel. Same with CatDog, Nick never aired the last handful of episodes (the ones that the creator said were his personal favorites), but they showed up years later on Nicktoons network. Nicktoons network even aired banned episodes as well, like the banned episodes of Rocko.
We all know that Angry Beavers wasn't even produced. Yeah, for a network that made a fortune and a name for itself for airing these cartoons, they sure as heck hate actually airing them. Put iCarly and Rocko's Modern Life on a T-Shirt for adult fans, which one is going to sell faster?

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
I did a little research on The Ren and Stimpy Show. I can't imagine getting kicked off your own show. The whole story about the show is just... sad. And the adult version... :eek:

I want to get this on DVD now, but the way they released it is just terrible.
What's the story? I never heard. :cool:

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
Completely and utterly agreed.

But for the sake of the thread...

Better off Ted: It was very unfortunate that ABC didn't find a good place for sitcoms until after this series was cut short. It was brilliantly subversive, very nasty about corporations and interoffice politics. A Brilliant show that just didn't find a home, and I kinda blame the terrible last season of Scrubs for the poor lead in.

My name is Earl: There is NO expressing how ticked I was that this show got an unceremonious boot because of NBC politicking with Parks and Rec (the VR Troopers to The Office's Power Rangers). They left the entire series to end with a cliffhanger, only to get a brief mention in the producer's next series, Raising Hope. This was such a well done, brilliant, hilarious show. And for it to be canned by just a vehicle for Amy Pohler... very disappointing.

Which brings me to characters I want to see back...

I want to see a better vehicle for Mickey and Co than just a preschool series. Either a Mouseworks/House of Mouse type variety cartoon series or something along the lines of Quack Pack and Goof Troop, with one of the characters starring in the series. I'd LOVE to see an UltraHeroes series or something. Something that doesn't just dump off these classic characters to preschoolers.
I was upset when I found out that Earl got cancelled. We didn't get to find out who Earl Jr's father is. I wish they would bring it back and finish off the series.

Zoot Fan 1981

Reaction score
I don't know how many of you are 80s kids and would know some of the shows I'm about to put down on here but here it goes.
What I would love to see come back on TV is:
You Can't Do That On Television
David the Gnome
Comic Strip (it had Karate Kat, Leap Frogs, Tiger Sharks, and Mini Monsters)
The Muppet Show
Alf (TV show)
Alf the animated series
Out of Control
Mr Wizard's World (For my kiddos)
Hong Kong Phooey
The world of Teddy Ruxpin
The Get Along Gang
There are many more but I can't think of all of them at this time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was upset when I found out that Earl got cancelled. We didn't get to find out who Earl Jr's father is. I wish they would bring it back and finish off the series.
There was such a game of chicken on that one with the producers and NBC. Originally, there was to be an agreement that the show would come to an end, at the very least tying up as many loose ends as possible. But NBC said they're guaranteed another season, and the writers went in a different direction that would have solved everything else the next season. And then NBC screwed them for Parks and Rec, which in reality had a tough first year.

But then again, we wouldn't have got Raising Hope if they didn't end it. And it somehow shares the same universe, as the residents of Camden sometimes pop up. But to be completely confusing, actors from Earl play different roles too.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
What's the story? I never heard. :cool:
From what I read, the creator got the show on tv, and was successful. By it's second season, Nick didn't like how rude and vulgar it was, so they kicked him off his own show. He was the comic genius to the show, and when he left, I personally think it was bad. It ran another 3 seasons before being cancelled by Nick. Then the creator came back and made a completely vulgar and inappropriate remake on Spike, which didn't even last a full season. :sigh:

Drtooth

Reaction score
From what I read, the creator got the show on tv, and was successful. By it's second season, Nick didn't like how rude and vulgar it was, so they kicked him off his own show. He was the comic genius to the show, and when he left, I personally think it was bad. It ran another 3 seasons before being cancelled by Nick.
That's a big part of it, but the major reason was the show was constantly overbudget and off schedule. If you look at the show he worked on before it, Might Mouse: The New Adventures, they constantly had clip shows and music videos featuring old Terrytoons footage to help ease that budget. In the first season, they had to pad it with 4 of these. The second season had 2 clip shows of current footage. Anyway, the angry letters from prudish old women were a nice little excuse, but the less romantic truth was the show was costing Nick a bundle, and they wanted cheaper alternatives. So they combined both fights and kicked the guy out and did the rest of the series cheaper and uglier. You can tell, because the animation of the Games produced episodes is gooey and ugly without any of the attention to detail of the older episodes.

And strangely enough, the Games animated episodes were actually more vulgar with forced booger and puke jokes.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
ed Edd n eddy
foster's home
house of mouse
billy and mandy

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Code Geass. Have you ever noticed how Japanese creators loved to annoy as with ambiguous cliffhangers that may never be resolved? r3 has come out, but I'm not sure if it's a continuation or a spinoff. It's very confusing.