TV shows you wish would come back

Collgoff

Reaction score
There are some t.v. shows that I wish they can come back.

Sailor Moon
The powerpuff girls
Noody Shop
Bear in the big blue house
Lamb chop's play along
Kim Possible
Pinky Dinky Doo
Out of the box
The muppet babies
The Amanda show
P,B and J other
The peanuts

Thank you!

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I did a little research on The Ren and Stimpy Show. I can't imagine getting kicked off your own show. The whole story about the show is just... sad. And the adult version... :eek:

I want to get this on DVD now, but the way they released it is just terrible.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I did a little research on The Ren and Stimpy Show. I can't imagine getting kicked off your own show. The whole story about the show is just... sad. And the adult version... :eek:
It was mostly a budget issue, but Nick wanted to put their foot down about creator rights. Nick has a history of HATING the heck out of creators, and that's where it started. You either played ball, or they screwed with your show. The Angry Beavers lost last episode (I'm starting to think more and more it was a prank), Zim... Nick really turned on Zim. Now it's overly popular with the wrong crowd, and they're milking money off of Gir merchandise at Hot Topic, but they did their best to destroy that show when it was on. To be fair, JV wanted things that would never ever EVER be in an American kid's cartoon. Like gory disembowelment. Stuff Family Guy barely gets away with.

I will say that recently, Nick was burning off shows left and right that weren't live action garbage. I'd love to see Catscratch make a comeback, but that's never going to happen. I guess there aren't any hard feelings, since Doug TenNapel apparently worked on the Spongebob stop motion Christmas special.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
And the fact that Billy West had to take over Ren's role, wow! He basically had to talk to himself for two straight seasons!

Catscratch was great, that had great potential. I've kinda turned away from Nick at this point. Now I'm on to Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Gravity Falls for cartoons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Catscratch was great, that had great potential. I've kinda turned away from Nick at this point. Now I'm on to Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Gravity Falls for cartoons.
Nick doesn't really make Nicktoons anymore. Their best shows are Dreamworks movie spinoffs, Last Airbender based, and the new TMNT. They're also pushing the new not 4Kids dub of Winx. Other than Kora, the only new Nicktoon they have is T.U.F.F Puppy. They used to have several Nicktoon shows at once, now it's like one or two, and they try their best to get rid of it because it isn't a Boy Band.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Ugh, it all started with the Naked Brothers Band... :rolleyes: It saddens me that almost all stations are pushing the live action shows. When I was little, kids didn't want to watch that! They wanted cartoons!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
At least for old geezers like me there's always something to be found on Antenna TV (which is what Nick at Nite and TVLand USED to be). But if any of you REALLY want to dig into ancient history:

The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour
Chico and the Man
Welcome Back, Kotter
Gumby ( back in 1956, Art Clokey was WAY ahead of his time!)
Do Not Adjust Your Set (forerunner to Monty Python's Flying Circus)
Soupy Sales
Uncle Floyd (you have to be from the metro New York area to appreciate this)
The Magic Garden (ditto)
Beat Club (German series from 1965-1972, best rock performances anywhere)
Ewoks (hard-core Star Wars freaks hated it, but one of Nelvana's best offerings)

That should do for starters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ugh, it all started with the Naked Brothers Band... :rolleyes: It saddens me that almost all stations are pushing the live action shows. When I was little, kids didn't want to watch that! They wanted cartoons!
And yet, I hear everyone pining for stuff like Hey Dude.

I HATED Hey Dude.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Angry Beavers lost last episode (I'm starting to think more and more it was a prank)
Nick did that with a LOT of their shows... it was like three years after they canceled Hey Arnold! that we FINALLY saw THAT final episode, and it wasn't even ON Nick, it was on the Nicktoons channel. Same with CatDog, Nick never aired the last handful of episodes (the ones that the creator said were his personal favorites), but they showed up years later on Nicktoons network. Nicktoons network even aired banned episodes as well, like the banned episodes of Rocko.