TV Alert: The Muppets on "Good Luck Charlie" Season 4 premiere April 28, 2013

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
What bothers me most about the appearance is just how badly it seems the muppets were performed. Fozzie and Piggy were ok, but Kermit just seemed....like Steve didn't want to be there and wasn't giving it his all. Kermit was just so stiff and horrible to look at :/

And the Chickens were just there...

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I did which kind of bothered me. If he was there they could have used Sweetums Robin,Floyd anyone else.

Here is what I've been thinking...Disney is doing good with getting the Muppets on the big screen, but for other things such as merchandise,good apprentices or a boastful hey we own the Muppet we are going to give there fans what they want, We die hard fans who have been fans for years and decades are getting a raw deal.
Now i have tried to defend some of the things they have done or said they where going to do but never did,but come on. Disney is going to find that if they keep trying to reach a younger newer generation, and leaving us die hard fans in the dust that the Muppets are going to become the next Disney fad that will in the end become stale and not entertaining anymore.
Sorry, but I think you're sounding a little too pessimistic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
but Kermit just seemed....like Steve didn't want to be there and wasn't giving it his all. Kermit was just so stiff and horrible to look at :/
Something tells me that was the case. I have a feeling that Steve kinda has a thing about working for Disney now. Either that or he felt this show was lame and low caliber.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Steve has said that he didn't like doing the Studio DC specials. He said, "It was fun, but it didn't really work out."

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Pity some of the posts here are a little down about the show. Perhaps the ones who enjoyed it more don't post as much?
It was a really great experience for us all. Wonderful cast and crew who looked after us well and were all very excited and enthusiastic about Muppets being there. It was a true delight from start to finish. I can assure you there was no negativity on set from any of the performers at all.
Several of us were fighting off mid-winter colds and the principle guys were days away from flying to the UK for the next movie. Everyone worked hard and I thought it turned out pretty good.
I truly believe Steve and Eric are the only people to do these characters (which are among the hardest to do, believe me). They really do care about their work and keeping these characters as alive and true as they possibly can. I've seen how hard they work every day, on top of jet-lag and doing press promos etc.
This was just meant to be a quick little fun Muppet piece they managed to squeeze in. I wouldn't read too much into it folks. Enjoy it (or not) and move on, lol!
I thought it turned out quite nicely. After all, more Muppets is better, correct?.....

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hey Mike!
Y'know, I thought I would be let down a lot more. I can't complain though, since DC has done a lot worse with the Muppets in the past. The song was catchy, and the end credits bit was..well...not so bad.
Out of curiosity, which Muppets were you performing here? There were very few characters here. I mean even Gonzo wasn't there and Gonzo is ALWAYS there. :confused:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Pity some of the posts here are a little down about the show. Perhaps the ones who enjoyed it more don't post as much?
It was a really great experience for us all. Wonderful cast and crew who looked after us well and were all very excited and enthusiastic about Muppets being there. It was a true delight from start to finish. I can assure you there was no negativity on set from any of the performers at all.
Several of us were fighting off mid-winter colds and the principle guys were days away from flying to the UK for the next movie. Everyone worked hard and I thought it turned out pretty good.
I truly believe Steve and Eric are the only people to do these characters (which are among the hardest to do, believe me). They really do care about their work and keeping these characters as alive and true as they possibly can. I've seen how hard they work every day, on top of jet-lag and doing press promos etc.
This was just meant to be a quick little fun Muppet piece they managed to squeeze in. I wouldn't read too much into it folks. Enjoy it (or not) and move on, lol!
I thought it turned out quite nicely. After all, more Muppets is better, correct?.....
Thank you Mike.and I thought I saw your name in the credits. I don't know why this bothered me liked it did, but after hearing you speak from being there I do feel a little better. Steve and Eric are both wonderful and they truly do understand and know what they are doing. I think one of my main things is i want to see the Muppets on tv full time.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't think it's a good show. The Disney Channel is a toddler's training ground for mindless consumption.

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
So don't watch Disney Channel Mr Bloogar Foobly. We all have that choice.
Mindless consumption is the majority of family and older TV too. It's called entertainment. Just as when we were kids, adults need to escape and play too. If you expect TV to do the job of parents and teachers and train toddlers then you misunderstand the role of adults and the role of your TV. Nowhere on my TV set does it state that it's an educational device.

I agree Dwayne1115, we would love to see more Muppets on TV. Here's hoping :wink:

Muppetfan 123, Sure, it would be nice to have Gonzo & co appearing on shows like this, but resources, practicality and availability limit that becoming possible quite often. In other words, they have to cut according to their cloth sometimes.
As supporting Muppeteer, I played several chickens, assisted Steve for one shot and doubled for Fozzie in the last two shots at the end.

I hope to never stop experiencing the joy of a toddler mindlessly at play :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
So That raises a question,Where you preforming two chickens at once? Because I've seen this happen before and always wonder how much of a challenge it really was.