TV Alert: The Electric Mayhem on Jimmy Kimmel Live March 21

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder how they did the music with a real LIVE drummer? did they take out the drum track? That was really a tight performance!
This was apparently pre-recorded on Monday. So they were able to do multiple takes until everything was just right with the performance.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
it could be way more complicated...i mean the drum attack was probably pre recorded and edited together but besides that im taking the simple approach

the vocals do sound "Live" though as if done on Set

Alvin

Reaction score
Yeah i figured the vocals were live...just was curious how they did the music with a real live drummer...can't fake that

MuppetVision

Reaction score
Bill's Dr. Teeth just IS Dr. Teeth at this point. I sometimes have a hard time differentiating Rowlf, Dr. Teeth and Bobo (in the "Life's a Happy Song Finale", I really do hear Rowlf saying "When there's someone by your side to sing," but in the movie it's Bobo). Here, though, he's just in fine form. :big_grin:

The thing about Matt's Floyd right now is that he sounds a lot younger than Jerry. But he's got, for me, the most basic elements of Floyd down - the walk, and the laugh. Loving it. :sing:

I've got to hear David's Janice talk more, though... really not sure how I felt about her here. It's good, though, that it's not just feeling like an imitation of what Richard was doing. I think the spirit of the character is still there, and that's what's most important. :flirt:
You know I was going to write about how I didn't like Janice & Floyd in this....mainly because this is my favorite Muppet song and I love the original so much, but you make an excellent point. The character is still there, I wish the vocals would get there too, Janice actually sounded a little too girly to me, but having the correct character there is the most important thing.

Dr. Teeth sounded amazing!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Upon further watching, this only gets better and better! Like many of you have said previously, Bill Barretta has Dr. Teeth exactly down. My only quibble, and it's a small one, is that I like Dr Teeth's outfit from the TMS-era productions better than the one he wears now. Hopefully the Electric Mayhem and the other Muppets can follow this up with other cool guest appearances.

(Perhaps Kermit and the gang can substitute host for Jimmy Kimmel one of these days.)

JJandJanice

Reaction score
That was rocking and it's nice to see the Electric Mayhem get the spotlight.

Though I would of enjoyed it if Lips could of been there as well.

:big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:

catherine

Reaction score
nice to get to know the other muppets also. I think it's great that they all got a bit of fame.