• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50th Anniversary Celebration
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on Sesame Street's 50th anniversary special. An official DVD is on the way.
  • "Muppets Now" announced for Disney+
    It's finally official. A new, unscripted short-form series, “Muppets Now”, is coming to Disney+ in 2020. Let us know your thoughts on the Muppets big announcement.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn and Apple Music. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

TV Alert: The Electric Mayhem on Jimmy Kimmel Live March 21

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
That was incredible! I agree with whoever said it earlier, someone is listening to us. It's been so long since we've seen the EMB that I was beginning to wonder if we would ever see them perform again. It almost makes up for them not performing in the new movie. Almost. :wink:

Avilos

Reaction score
Awesome! I agree LouisTheOtter, this like Miss Piggy's guest hosting The Talk are full on scenes that could almost fit on The Muppet Show.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I loved it! Bill, Matt, and David did a great job replicating Jim, Jerry, and Richard's vocals.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
This is a good point. The voices aren't 100% spot on, but the characterization is. And that's what's really important about the Muppets.
Exactly. Expecting someone to replicate a voice perfectly is kind of an unreasonable request, in my opinion - you can't change the vocal chords you were born with! But, getting down the characterization is much more do-able (and more important to me anyway) and the more chances the performers have to perform their characters, the better and better this will get.
I LOVED this performance. I love that it happened, I love how it happened... it just made me soooo happy! :big_grin:

catherine

Reaction score
they should do a tour of the world, that was awesome. I loved the bit animal did solo. how fast can he go?

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
How to I describe this? Hmmm.... AMAZING! Who would think in this day and age you could just turn on the TV and see the Electric Mayhem? PURE AWESOMENESS!
:big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:

catherine

Reaction score
who would love to see them do a tour? does anyone know if the people who play the muppets, if they will be touring the uk?

terrimonster

Reaction score
Exactly. Expecting someone to replicate a voice perfectly is kind of an unreasonable request, in my opinion - you can't change the vocal chords you were born with! But, getting down the characterization is much more do-able (and more important to me anyway) and the more chances the performers have to perform their characters, the better and better this will get.
I LOVED this performance. I love that it happened, I love how it happened... it just made me soooo happy! :big_grin:
Well, if Matt took up smoking pretty heavily he could probably change his vocal chords to sound a little more raspy and aged, but I don't think that's the best way to capture Jerry's characters.

Yeah, Floyd and Janice sounded a little off from their old voices, but I basically like where they are now vocally. There have been times when recasts have simply sounded like bad impressions, but I think Matt and David have done a good job of making vocal 'tributes' with accurate characterizations, and that's really all I can expect. Janice hasn't been Janice for 20 years; I'm willing to finally accept a change.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
i seen this on the TV at work last night, alot of the co-workers where glued to it, even me! :smile: