TV Alert: The Electric Mayhem on Jimmy Kimmel Live March 21

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
That was incredible! I agree with whoever said it earlier, someone is listening to us. It's been so long since we've seen the EMB that I was beginning to wonder if we would ever see them perform again. It almost makes up for them not performing in the new movie. Almost. :wink:

Avilos

Reaction score
Awesome! I agree LouisTheOtter, this like Miss Piggy's guest hosting The Talk are full on scenes that could almost fit on The Muppet Show.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I loved it! Bill, Matt, and David did a great job replicating Jim, Jerry, and Richard's vocals.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
This is a good point. The voices aren't 100% spot on, but the characterization is. And that's what's really important about the Muppets.
Exactly. Expecting someone to replicate a voice perfectly is kind of an unreasonable request, in my opinion - you can't change the vocal chords you were born with! But, getting down the characterization is much more do-able (and more important to me anyway) and the more chances the performers have to perform their characters, the better and better this will get.
I LOVED this performance. I love that it happened, I love how it happened... it just made me soooo happy! :big_grin:

catherine

Reaction score
they should do a tour of the world, that was awesome. I loved the bit animal did solo. how fast can he go?

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
How to I describe this? Hmmm.... AMAZING! Who would think in this day and age you could just turn on the TV and see the Electric Mayhem? PURE AWESOMENESS!
:big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:

catherine

Reaction score
who would love to see them do a tour? does anyone know if the people who play the muppets, if they will be touring the uk?

terrimonster

Reaction score
Exactly. Expecting someone to replicate a voice perfectly is kind of an unreasonable request, in my opinion - you can't change the vocal chords you were born with! But, getting down the characterization is much more do-able (and more important to me anyway) and the more chances the performers have to perform their characters, the better and better this will get.
I LOVED this performance. I love that it happened, I love how it happened... it just made me soooo happy! :big_grin:
Well, if Matt took up smoking pretty heavily he could probably change his vocal chords to sound a little more raspy and aged, but I don't think that's the best way to capture Jerry's characters.

Yeah, Floyd and Janice sounded a little off from their old voices, but I basically like where they are now vocally. There have been times when recasts have simply sounded like bad impressions, but I think Matt and David have done a good job of making vocal 'tributes' with accurate characterizations, and that's really all I can expect. Janice hasn't been Janice for 20 years; I'm willing to finally accept a change.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
i seen this on the TV at work last night, alot of the co-workers where glued to it, even me! :smile: