Turn Down Your Headphones.

gymkatarules

Reaction score
The White Stripes are amazing. Their second album is their best, methinks. All the attention they've been getting lately is bogus. They'll go back to being nice and obscure soon enough. :smile:

-Chris

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Both of those are great. I've never met anyone whose favorite Bowie was 1. Outside. That's cool. I'm a serious sucker for Space Oddity. Selling England By The Pound is in constant rotation on my mp3s right now<<<

For some reason after 3 decades worth of material "1.Outside" is my fave out of all those...a contemporary avant garde concept album fusing jazz, rock, and industrial. Peter Gabriel/Genesis from the 70's stuff is always interesting, to me the more amusing of all those concept prog rock bands.

Oh, forgot to mention comedy bands(AKA Dr. Demento bands) like Bloodhound Gang, Tenacious D, They Might Be giants, and BNL.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by gymkatarules
The White Stripes are amazing. Their second album is their best, methinks. All the attention they've been getting lately is bogus. They'll go back to being nice and obscure soon enough. :smile:

-Chris
Yes, my favorite band at the moment. I personally think their first album is the best, but I haven't heard all of WBC. Destijl is an awesome album, but I don't know...its the same in the sense that they didn't sell out or change their style at all, but its different from the Self to me...maybe its only to me. But in any case, "The Big Three Killed My Baby" is my favorite WS song, and they rock, rock so hard. Your right...soon they will fall back into the obscurity they were so deep in before, and all the true fans can stop covering their shirts when they go to the mall in fear of "Hey! They Played the VMAs!!!!!!" hehe :big_grin:

-Matt

wolfy

Reaction score
>>>Both of those are great. I've never met anyone whose favorite Bowie was 1. Outside. That's cool. I'm a serious sucker for Space Oddity. Selling England By The Pound is in constant rotation on my mp3s right now<<<

Bowie...Bowie...

Isn't he some tall, blonde guy with one blue eye and one brown eye?

Seems I have heard of him in the Labyrinth...some of my best goblin friends have spoken his name with hushed tones!

Also, seems to me that I have a son named for this Bowie-Labyrinth guy...yeah...Jerad, Jareth.

Hmmmm, do you think it could be the one and same? :confused:

--wolfy--

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Hehe, yes he and they are all one in the same baaaaby! :smile:. Now in honor of the Bowie-man, I shall listen to Fame one more time. :big_grin:

-Matt

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Turn them down,and crank them up hits

Well,I'm not embarrassed of the music that I listen to,especially when I crank down the windows on my car,while listening to tapes that I've made(or the radio for that matter).I mostly listen to oldies & classic rock(just can't get into pop & modern rock at all).Here are some of my favorite 'turn down songs',that I crank up so loud!:

-Ob-la-di Ob-la-da(The Beatles) & any song from Yellow Submarine
-Sound of Silence(any Simon & Garfunkel tune)
-Respect(Aretha Franklin)
-Chain of Fools(Aretha Franklin)
-most songs from The Doors(The End,Riders of the Storm)
-Fortunate Son(CCR)
-Sweet Home Alabama(Lynyrd Skynyrd)
-Easy to Be Hard(from Hair)
-most musical soundtracks(Little Shop of Horrors,Rocky Horror,Chicago,Guys & Dolls,Hair)
-movie clips on my tapes
-Bjork(any song)
-anything from The Monkees or Cher or Air Supply
-me listening to a sappy love ballads on the radio(here in Maryland we have a radio station that plays love dedications at night)
-most 50s songs I love,can understand the need to 'turn it down' though
-the majority of Disco songs,especially the Hustle & I Will Survive

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
-Ob-la-di Ob-la-da(The Beatles) & any song from Yellow Submarine
-Sound of Silence(any Simon & Garfunkel tune)
Definitely! Actually, for me, any song by The Beatles or Simon and Garfunkel. I've got a ton of singers I love listening to, including but not limited to John Denver, Don McLean, Elton John, Billy Joel, the Irish Rovers, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Peter Paul and Mary, Gordon Lightfoot, and the odd man out, Clay Aiken. :flirt:
Erin

Aaron

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Definitely! Actually, for me, any song by The Beatles or Simon and Garfunkel. I've got a ton of singers I love listening to, including but not limited to John Denver, Don McLean, Elton John, Billy Joel, the Irish Rovers, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Peter Paul and Mary, Gordon Lightfoot, and the odd man out, Clay Aiken. :flirt:
Erin
we have the same taste