Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

snichols1973

Reaction score
On one of the "Mahna Mahna" videos (the one used to promote the 2011 movie), somebody made a comment that was an obvious reference to the first episode of TMS: "The question is, what is a Mahna Mahna".

Responses include the following:
"It's a (sic) old TV theme song"
"i think its the muppets ending song but i really dont know"
Has anyone ever heard any rumors such as mistaking the Snowths for Birdo, a character from Super Mario Bros. 2?

On the left is a picture of Snowths (the ones with pink ear horns), and on the right is a picture of Birdo (the one with the red hair bow); since they look a bit similar, some confusion might ensue for those not too familiar with the Snowths:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birdo

:boo:: The question is, what is a "Mahna Mahna"?
:sleep:: The question is, who cares?

---From TMS episode 101 (Juliet Prowse)

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard any rumors such as mistaking the Snowths for Birdo, a character from Super Mario Bros. 2?

On the left is a picture of Snowths (the ones with pink ear horns), and on the right is a picture of Birdo (the one with the red hair bow); since they look a bit similar, some confusion might ensue for those not too familiar with the Snowths:

I'm surprised someone hasn't done a parody yet.

Janice+Floyd<3

Reaction score
Well It's mispronounciation but a lot of people spell Janices name Janis after Janis Joplin and being that she's my fav it makes me crazy like I constantly correct people with *Janice

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I've never noticed that before but you're right. Maybe she could be a distant cousin of a Snowth or something like that. :smile:

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
I'll admit that even I'm guilty of this crime sometimes:

Example #1: As a toddler I often watched TMTM on VHS and often didn't know the names of characters I hadn't already seen on Muppet Babies. However, when I first heard Dr. Teeth's name mentioned, my 3-year-old self somehow began referring to Janice as "Dr. Nose" (which is very ironic since she doesn't even have one). Don't ask me what I was thinking, I was 3, and didn't know her real name until I was 6!

Example #2: Somehow as an adult I've developed habit of not knowing and/or remembering the names of minor/obscure/background characters, or giving them nicknames that help me personally identify them better. For example, I've had the habit of referring to Gladys from S3 of TMS as simply, "The Diner Lady." I've also referred to the Beautiful Day Monster as "The 'Got Anything Cheaper?' Monster" because of the travel agent sketch with Paul Williams in TMS S1.

Example #3: I've frequently reffered to Link Hogthrob by the full title of "Captain Link Hogthrob" even when he's not in Pigs in Space.

fufumuppet

Reaction score
I showed my little sister (she's five) a picture of Miss Piggy and she called her Mrs. Puppet. :stick_out_tongue:

gravy

Reaction score
Saying ''I don't watch Elmo'' instead of ''I don't watch Sesame Street''

Has he really taken over that much?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
The average viewers aren't the only good-ups. At the Rifftrax Live showing of "Sharknado 2," Mike Nelson made a joke about Fozzie Bear, but accidentally called him "Fonzie."